Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Manchester MCM Expo July 30th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manchester MCM Expo July 30th
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted
Manchester MCM Expo hits town July 2011:The first MCM Expo event in Manchester is to be held at Manchester Central formerly G-MEX on Saturday 30th of July.

Bringing some of the MCM Expo magic north of Birmingham & London for the first time. There will be a wide selection of entertainment as well as a packed retailers area.

DDR UK, Cosplay, Comic's, Anime, Manga, Video Games, Movie promo's, Sports Stars and the legendary Robots Live show and so much more..

Kids Go FREE* for Manchester's first Comic Con. Advance early entry tickets are now on sale. Check the web site for news and updates as we get closer to the show date.

No guest annoucements yet.

http://www.manchestermcmexpo.com/

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
It's a bit worrying that with only 6 weeks to go, there's no guests listed Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
It's a bit worrying that with only 6 weeks to go, there's no guests listed Shake Head

I might make a guest appearance as just realized I'm off work due to already having time booked for "that" other show in San Diego that no one is going to.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

I might make a guest appearance as just realized I'm off work due to already having time booked for "that" other show in San Diego that no one is going to.

I ment real guests, not lurkers Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
No guests yet but Robots Live will be there. Shake Head as will Nintendo unleashed.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comic Village Top Talent for ManchesterManchester’s comics fans are in for an art explosion this July as a host of talented artists and writers descend on the city for the inaugural MCM Expo Manchester Comic Con.

MCM Expo’s Comic Village tour features award-winning comics creators such as Antony Johnston (Wasteland, Alex Rider); John McCrea (Hitman, Judge Dredd); Marc Ellerby (Chloe Noonan, Ellerbisms) & Leigh Gallagher (Defoe, The Witching). Other talented artists and writers attending the Manchester Comic Con include Oliver Lambden; Colin Mathieson; Matt Dyson; Geof Banyard; Donna Evans; Jodie Snow; Scott Stanford; Davy Shirley; Helen Trifourki; George Beedham; K. Edgar; Dave Bulmer; Timothy Winchester; Joe List; Kate Appleton; David Goodman; Emma Cutler and Mogzilla’s Alex Keller.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Warwick Davies and Bryan Robson have been added as guests

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've arranged to visit the Show on the Saturday. Hope the guest list improves.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Added:

Anjli Mohindra and Daniel Anthony (Sarah Jane Adventures)
Kenny Baker

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anjli is really nice to talk to so you will be allright there. Thumb Up

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Anjli is really nice to talk to so you will be allright there. Thumb Up

I got photo from November's Memorabilia signed by her and Tommy Knight so I might take it along and get it signed by Daniel.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a good idea, i had one of those aswell.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Craig Charles has been added to the guest list.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
This is not looking good, two weeks to go and they 13 guests total, 5 media and 8 sports.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
This is not looking good, two weeks to go and they 13 guests total, 5 media and 8 sports.

Am I missing something? but was this a 2 day show originally?

The Show site only states 30th July. I was going to arrange to go to both days but by chance only arranged to go on the 30th. If others are not aware of the change there is going to be a lot of disappointment and anger.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I think it was always a one day show.
I wonder if Bryan Robson will still be there?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This show is looking very exciting, NOT. Frown

Hope plenty of card dealers turn up to make it worth the trip.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
This show is looking very exciting, NOT. Frown

Hope plenty of card dealers turn up to make it worth the trip.

I know that Umbrella and Derek's trading cards will be there.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would not be an MCM Expo Comic Con without some great giveaways. The first 2000 attendees will get a DVD of Kamui The Lone Ninja courtesy of Manga Entertainment. Topps Marvel Universe HERO ATTAX Trading Card Promo Pack, Free Comic books from Diamond Comics and more.
Kamui The Lobe Ninja

A very enjoyable manga adaption from director Yoichi Sai (Blood And Bones) and starring Ken’ichi Matsuyama (L Change The WorLd, Bare Essence Of Life), but ‘probably the best ninja movie ever’… what, really?

Based on the legenadry series created by Japanese artist Sanpei Shirato in 1964, Kamui: The Lone Ninja tells of it’s eponymous hero, played by Ken’ichi Matsuyama (Death Note, Kaiji: The Ultimate Gambler), a young man who has spent all of his life as one type of outcast or another. Attempting to find true freedom away from inherited cast and clan he turns his back on life as a ninja, making him a target for the ninja hunters led by his one time master Dumok (Ekin Cheung, Storm Warriors, Tokyo Raiders).

Kamui finds fleeting solace with spirited fisherman Hanbei (Kaoru Kobayashi, Princess Mononoke, Tales from Earthsea) who invites him to stay with his family. Yet even here Kamui discovers himself face-to-face with a long-forgotten nemesis, another renegade ninja with a deadly score to settle. And all the while the ninja hunters are setting a trap from which there can be no escape…

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The Lone Ninja is a 2009 live action manga. Beware of the Horse torturing scene. Shake Head

I hope they don't give this out to kids. Eek