Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Elvis The Music (Press Pass)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elvis The Music (Press Pass)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
This is the latest of the highly successful group of sets that is bringing Press Pass back into the ranks of Non-Sports. Released October 2007.

Hobby Boxes are 28 packs of 5 cards plus 1 "TCB" parallel base card. The parallels are matte with TCB Edition raised lettering, vs. glossy like the other base cards. A "Value Box" with 12 packs of 5+1 is available, and I don't see indications that the card distribution is different, though the packs in the Hobby Box are marked "Hobby". Here's the expected set composition:

- Base Cards: 81, expect 1.69 sets per Hobby box on average.
- TCB Edition Parallels: 81, 1 per pack.
- Wertheimer Negatives: 7 plastic cards at 1-per-14 packs.
- Autographs or Memorabilia: 1 per 28-pack box.
- Celebrity Signatures: Numbered CS-xx, gold background, new for this series, with a common unnumbered version or gold edition # to 50.
- Certified Autographs: silver background, left over from previous Press Pass Elvis sets.
- Elvis Cut Signatures.
- Wertheimer Autographed Proofs: Announced as part of the set, in two series # to 56 or 199, but they might have been replaced by unsigned Artist Proof copies of the Negatives cards.
- Rock 'N Roll Relics: memorabilia cards new to this series, unnumbered or # to 299 (gold, usually) or # to 99 (platinum).
- Press Plate Cards: not mentioned in ads or packaging, 81 base cards * 2 (front and back) * 4 (cyan, magenta, yellow, black).

MY BOX 1

Base cards: 1 complete set with 56 toward 2nd, no extras beyond that.
Parallels: 28 of 81, no duplicates.
Negatives: 2, WN-1 and WN-7
Autos/Relics: 1, CS-GS Gordon Stoker

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
My 2 box break of these cards

TCB PARALLEL SET (1 per pack)
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58, 62, 63, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 79, 80, 81

Wertheimer Negatives (1:14 packs)
WN-1 Signing Autographs
WN-4 Listening to his Music
WN-5 Making Friends
WN-7 Prepping for the Show

Autographed Cards (1 autograph or memorabilia card per box)
CS-GS Gordon Stoker - Celebrity Signatures
James Burton - Guitar (Silver, also inserted in earlier series)

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box

1 base set + extras
28 parallel cards

Wertheimer Negatives: WN-6, WN-7

Wertheimer Negatives: WN-4 signed Artist Proof Edition (039/199)

Was kind of hoping for a Nancy Sinatra auto.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You might be able to swap that signed Artist Proof card for the Nancy, just based on scarcity. They haven't been showing up, while (unannounced) unsigned versions are. (Of course, we might see any of the signed cards in a future Press Pass release; some of the 'silver' autos have been in three sets now. So there might eventually be 199 Wertheimer signed proofs.)

I think all of the Proof cards, signed or not, are WN-4. Or at least they have been for the 7-8 copies I've seen discussed or listed.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
3 Retail Bonus Boxes reviewed...

12 packs per box B
(usually ten packs with some gimmick item, this is an improvement)
5 cards per pack D (1 parallel & 4 coms)
Box design B-
Wrapper design B(easy to open)
Base design B- (still five cards shy after 36 packs???) collation D-
1 TCB parallel per pack(as promised) design B-
1 Wertheimer Negative design B
0 Autos NR
Insert autos C
Bang for your Buck C-
Fun Factor C-
Overall grade C+/C
Very consistent design from box to the cards. WYSIWYG. Effort was made to give the set a nostalgic look. The parallels are OK, and easy to pick out. This release would have been better if foils had been included at 1:6 odds, and negatives at 1:12.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post