Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Decision 2016 (Decision 2016, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decision 2016 (Decision 2016, 2016)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Blaster boxes showed up at the local store.
12 packs, 6 cards each

67 base (110 set)
1 shortprint #120
2 candidate portraits
1 first lady portraits
1 Trump Under Fire

Base subsets: candidates, influencers, spouses, debate moments, finalists, campaign moments, future stars.

Overall C-/D+
Pros: Trump Chase, subsets
Cons: little or no info on the box and wrappers, at least two error cards 21 & 88.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Card #21 is an error card. Front features Rick Perry, but the name beneath the image is Rick Santorum.
First Lady Chase are retail exclusives.

Also, card #88 Rand Paul misnumbered #86.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Retail Cons: Box shows cut autos but they are not in retail AT ALL.

Overall Con: This was supposed to be printed to order. But, suddenly there are cases available on a Kickstarter. Which means it was NOT printed to order.

Bitter? Not yet. I'm planning on refusing my case I ordered.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, the Kickstarter is only half way funded with about a week to go, so perhaps they will NOT be available thru Kickstarter if they don't reach their $ 10,000 goal

Posts: 4721 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is very confusing

So these are NOT Kickstarter exclusives ?

I see a bunch of the boxes and inserts out already, especially "you know where"

I thought that this was announced as a card set that was supposed to be funded and available ONLY through Kickstarter

The only "exclusives" I see is that the Kickstarter campaign seems to have unique versions of the promo cards, with the gold Kickstarter logo on them

Very confusing

Posts: 4721 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
It is surprising that a totally new company could get on retail shelves so easily.

Their blaster boxes and website leads you to believe that cut-signatures are possible in retail, but neither provides insert ratios.

All the other big hits are HOBBY only. Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
It is surprising that a totally new company could get on retail shelves so easily.

Their blaster boxes and website leads you to believe that cut-signatures are possible in retail, but neither provides insert ratios.

All the other big hits are HOBBY only. Big Grin

Though the company itself might have only been recently set-up, it's principal is far from totally new.

Decision 2016 Trading Cards

Brian Wallos has been behind Bench Warmer from the beginning and involved in baseball cards even before that. Wallos has a lot of connections so not surprising his product would get on retail shelves.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If this is available in retail stories and hobby outlets, then what is the purpose of the Kickstarter ?

Cards don't look any different, aside from the gold stamped promos

David R , I agree, it is confusing

Posts: 4022 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I figured there had to be some kind of connection. I was thinking a Topps connection.
The product resembles Topps sports cards. Smokin'

Harris,
Do you know anything definitive about cut-signatures and chase odds?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Harris,
Do you know anything definitive about cut-signatures and chase odds?

No, unfortunately, I do not.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Hillary Clinton cut auto sold for $ 355

Two Trump autos, around $2,000

Posts: 4022 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This was solicited as a Leaf product. And yes, the driving force behind the set is Brian Wallos.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5084 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, it does seem like the natural next step for Wallos as he has long been to the go-to guy for cards with 8oo8s on them.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Well, it does seem like the natural next step for Wallos as he has long been to the go-to guy for cards with 8oo8s on them.

Ha! Good one. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured there had to be some kind of connection. I was thinking a Topps connection.
The product resembles Topps sports cards. Smokin'

Leaf handles a lot of the distribution, and has previously managed redemptions for Bench Warmer. Some dealers identified Decision 2016 as a "Leaf series" so it must have been offered to their regular resellers.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Whether off the rails or in the weeds, Bouncey
...time to get back to square one...anybody open a HOBBY box yet? Cool

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I don't think you're going to see a lot of breaks on this. Even at $72 (down from the original $100), it's too rich for my blood. It doesn't help that almost everyone in this set is already also-ran, and by November, all of them but one (maybe two, depending on who gets the VP nod on the winning side) will be.

Here's a case break from the Blowout Forums. Apparently each case holds two 6-box inner cases, so this is 12 boxes worth of stuff. Here's what the guy got. Looks like 17 "hits", so about 1.5 per box:

Cut Auto:
John McCain

Road To The White House Letters:
Jeb Bush "B"
Donald Trump "P"
Carly Fiorina "F"
Hillary Clinton "L" (Red Version)

Flag Patch:
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Donald Trump (Red Version)
Martin O'Malley
Ben Carson (Blue Version)

Super Flag Patch:
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders

Washington Stamp/Quarter:
Bernie Sanders

Political Gemstones:
Rand Paul
Ted Cruz (green version)

Elite:
Bush Legacy (Blue version)

Shredded US Currency Card:
Marco Rubio

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.
1.5 a box...LOL Big Grin

Anybody have the following base?...
6,17,22,28,33,44,55,66,77,81,88,88(#86 Rand Paul),99,107

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes at the Philly show and about 10 packs from Target - nothing exciting hit wise. I thought I was 1 card short until I read xtime's post about #86 Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post