Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Wacky Packages Old School 2 (Topps 2011)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacky Packages Old School 2 (Topps 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted
I opened a box of these for Open That Box Day 2011 and had a blast opening it!!!! Out of 24 packs I was able to make 2 base sticker sets from the box. I also received 8 out of the 9 puzzle cards for the Bad Tooth puzzle set. I was a little bummed I couldn't complete the puzzle since the puzzle piece cards are 1 per pack Frown

Here's the sketch I received by Bill Griffith,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post

Wacky Packages Old School 2
17 Packs opened had my first 9 Card Check list Puzzle
21 Packs opened had my first set of stickers
23 Packs opened had 2 sets of stickers, 1 puzzle, 7 of 9 for second puzzle, 3 Triplicate stickers and 7 (4 diff) puzzle checklists plus one unopened pack.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Here's the results from my second box. My special inserts were the same as my first box Twak

I'm quite happy with both sketch cards I pulled, granted their not in color but those are just about impossible to pull. These were so fun to break open that I will probably have to get a few more boxes Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketch. Both #5 Puzzle pieces on their way.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's my 4 boxes worth of sketch cards

I have around 15 different Jay Lynch sketch cards from Old School series 1, so if Jay had been the the sole sketch card artist this time around, I probably would've just picked up a single box, however Jay was joined this time by a slew of other artists including fellow original Wacky Packages artist (and creator of Zippy the Pinhead) Bill Griffith.

While I didn't land a Griffith from my boxes, I was able to sell the Parisi sketch I got for $108 and buy a Griffith sketch for $105, so in a way, I did get a Griffith in my boxes. I also sold the Simpko sketch for about the price of a box.

I had listed the 2 Lynch cards at the same time, but they are selling for less than $20 so they went unsold which was fine with me, I am happy to have them. Indeed, while equal in quality to his first series cards, the Lynch sketches this time out are currently so inexpensive that I bought his Dunce character for about $13, an incredible value considering it is among his finest works from either series.

So with the addition of the purchased Lynch and Griffith, and the sale of the Simko and Parisi, it means my "final" collection consists of one Bill Griffith and three Jay Lynch sketches, all for the cost of about 3 boxes, not too shabby.

I've not opened any of packs in the boxes, so I actually have 4 boxes of packs and will likely bundle them for sale with some of the Old School series 1 boxes with sealed packs in them I still have from last year. It looks like the collation in these boxes is very similar to Series 1 in that the packs seem to hold 2 full sets of the stickers, one full set of puzzle cards, and a near second set of puzzle cards, usually a card or two short despite the presnece of a few triples.

As for the other (non sketch) insert cards, this series like the first, has a 9 card giant 5X7 sticker set, issued 3 per box. My four boxes had the same two trios twice, but I was able to trade one of my duplicate trios for the trio I needed and have finished that set.

New for this series is a 6 card "concept" set issued 2 per box. These feature rough images of selected cards with commentary on the reverse by Lynch and Griffith. I received a total of 8 in my boxes but was 1 short of a set, meaning I had 5 towards one set and 3 towards another.

Finally, each box has a Wacky Packages Old School logo sticker and a promo sticker for the upcoming Old School series 3. There is also a poster advertising the contributing artists for these series and a flyer advertising a website where posters featuring the complete base set and another of the sketch cards in this series can be purchased.

This set already gets an "A" grade and I've not even seen all of the base cards yet. Keep
'em coming, Topps!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post