Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Napoleon Dynamite (NECA)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Napoleon Dynamite (NECA)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
36 packs per box
6 cards per pack

4 Complete sets (50 cards in a set)
16 cards towards a 5th set (missing 34)

The cards themselves are unnumbered and consist of photos from the movie. There is no info anywhere on the box or the packs as to how many cards there are in the set. The Previews catalogue says that there are 54 cards total, but based upon my breakdown, it seems as if there are only 50. NECA's website doesn't have any info. There are no chase cards.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
well well...looks like I need to find something to trade for a set.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After having bought a bunch of packs at the various local mall stores, I managed to snag a box from that auction site. Breakdown was exactly the same as David R. got.

This is a fairly nice set, although not numbering the cards is just plain weird. My favorite cards are the paintings of Napoleon. Beautifully done. It's obvious that the company only got clearance to use the likenesses of Napoleon, Kip, and Pedro. The closest we get to seeing any other character is the back of Deb on the "I like your sleeves..." card.

Too bad one of the bigger companies didn't pick up this license. It seems to me it would have been relatively easy to sign all of the actors for autograph cards. (Who wouldn't want a Haylie Duff autograph card? Luv You) Uncle Rico's shirt, Napoleon's suit, Kip's "gangsta" outfit, and, especially, Pedro's wig would make for great pieceworks cards. Deb's boondoggle keychains could have been used for box loaders. You could even have a special "Tina the Alpaca" creature card. For my money, this was a great, missed opportunity.

Can you tell I've seen the film over thirty times? Napoleon Dynamite is "Flippin' Sweet".

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Another set to look out for

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found out if there are 50 or 54 cards in this set ? I emailed NECA and they contend that there are 54.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Has anyone found out if there are 50 or 54 cards in this set ? I emailed NECA and they contend that there are 54.

I've heard of at least three people breaking down boxes, and they all say 50. Maybe there were cards inserted with bobbleheads or action figures?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we're all getting the SAME 50 cards in our boxes, however. Maybe we're each getting 50 different ones, but some people are getting 4 that others are not, and vice versa.

I guess the only way to find out is to have someone post scans of the cards that they have seen.