Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Sexy Warriors ( EGS Art Studio, 2023 )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sexy Warriors ( EGS Art Studio, 2023 )
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Finally got around to posting my pulls from the first set released by EGS Art Studios located in the Philippines . You can tell this is a studio run by artists as the card stock is much thicker and better for the sketch cards than the base cards !

I did get a full set of the 18 base cards as well as three of the nine stickers , a blank sketch card and a promo for their third set Sexy Mecha . The sketches were generally of a high quality and many artists unfamiliar to me ( apologies for any incorrectly identified or mis-spelt ).

Ricky Santos , Joshua D Nunez ,

Keith Adrian Derla , Zuleika May Calonia .

Roz Art , Jheycy Bermido .

Joshua D Nunez , Shaow Siong .

Daniel Escarilla , Dinalyn Renon .

Enrico Santisas , Michael N Venzon .

Sherwin Santiago , NP .

Bistek David Javier , Limuel Pinzon .

Peterson Manzano , Travis J A Lewis .

Dan Borgonos , Mark C F Sabuero .

Nicki . This last one is the original 6 x 4 artwork for the base card below it .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing -- great break!

Congrats on hitting the Nikki sketch and the Nikki base art -- in my opinion she's one of the best on the set.

Now that I'm less agitated about this set I need to go back and revisit mine -- maybe I'll post a break too. The sketch quality in general is very good.

It is interesting that you didn't hit a single sketch with nudity -- several of mine had nudity.

Did you ever order Maids?

I didn't. I kind of wish I would have. If EGS would have offered a faster/more secure shipping option, better communication and some sort of a guarantee that they would make it right if the cards were lost in the mail I would have ordered.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Thanks for sharing -- great break!

Congrats on hitting the Nikki sketch and the Nikki base art -- in my opinion she's one of the best on the set.

Now that I'm less agitated about this set I need to go back and revisit mine -- maybe I'll post a break too. The sketch quality in general is very good.

It is interesting that you didn't hit a single sketch with nudity -- several of mine had nudity.

Did you ever order Maids?

I didn't. I kind of wish I would have. If EGS would have offered a faster/more secure shipping option, better communication and some sort of a guarantee that they would make it right if the cards were lost in the mail I would have ordered.

I did hit one sketch with nudity but forgot to cover up the offending parts when taking the photo Roll Eyes . Honestly it took so long to post the break that I did not have the energy to go back and take a censored photo plus the artist is already represented here ( Dinalyn Reyon ) .

I did order some Sexy Maids , there are still some available from their sellix website with a flat $20 postage fee for any amount . For me I pay for all items over $100 by card so there is the extra backup of chargeback if anything goes wrong .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I did hit one sketch with nudity but forgot to cover up the offending parts when taking the photo Roll Eyes . Honestly it took so long to post the break that I did not have the energy to go back and take a censored photo plus the artist is already represented here ( Dinalyn Reyon ) .

I did order some Sexy Maids , there are still some available from their sellix website with a flat $20 postage fee for any amount . For me I pay for all items over $100 by card so there is the extra backup of chargeback if anything goes wrong .

Good luck on your Maids -- it looks like a fun set. . . You clearly have a lot more patience than I do. I was about to order Maids last night after seeing your break and looking at my cards again. I too pay via card/paypal so I am never actually at risk.

When I got to their site on the main page the first item for sale is 'Standard box' with 10 standard packs + 2 4x6 Base card art. Which seemed like a crazy good deal. . . but when you click to buy the image changes to say it includes 10 standard packs plus 2 sketch cards with no mention of 4x6 base art. I have no idea what actually is included so I bailed -- again.

It seems to me that they spend a lot of time/effort making videos for Facebook and overly complicated Sellex websites. They seem to have quite a few of the 'little things' messed up. . . it would be nice if they got all the details right before spending time on ancillary things that bring no value. I still haven't seen an updated checklist of artist numbers for Warriors.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my Warriors:

Menk Dela Cruz, Nicki P, Mej Llano
Mark Aries Garcia, Dan Borgonos, RJ Balcita
Zuleika May Caldonia, Limuel Pinzon, Mark Sabuero

Sherwin Santiago, Shaow Siong, Peterson Manzano
LJ, Antukin, Dethwish
Varon Moreno, Varon Moreno, LJ

Ajhay Cerezo, Jhun Zulueta, Jhun Zulueta
Bistek, Bistek, Ajhay Cerezo

I also received the base art for these:

Michael Venzon, Nicki

I was really happy with the Nicki base art -- that is my favorite art in the base set.

The sketch quality in general is very good. I would have preferred fewer repeat artists.

The packaging was high quality, but I wasn't a huge fan. Everything came in plain silver metallic envelopes in a ESG branded box. None of the envelopes except the base set were labeled. It was certainly tamper proof, but I think around 10 sketches came sealed together in a single envelope -- so the opening experience wasn't great. It would be really tough for a dealer to sell packs. The metallic envelopes were a bit hard to open, especially on the oversize cards.

I thought it was a good value and if it weren't for the shipping issues I would have been quick to order their second release. I may come back for future releases.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some great artwork Thumb Up . There were certainly no basic filler sketches in this set , everything was of a high standard .

posted Hide Post
One piece of Nicki Panganiban base card art sold on eBay for over $500: 134537838880

Only one bidder so it is hard to tell if that price is sustainable.