Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Divergent (NECA, 2014)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divergent (NECA, 2014)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Picked up one pack at Target.

6 cards per pack
No chase listed on wrapper or box.

Image on front and back are the same.
Printed on thin stock. WYSIWYG.

Pic below...
wrapper, card front, card backs have number.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
A new low in effort, using the same image on front and back.

I guess it's hard to give away the storyline without words.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to be perfectly honest NECA really bites the big one - out of 3 boxes only made 3 sets and the 4th set (with many many extras) is still 7 cards away - AVOID THIS PRODUCT

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I thought this was what people had been asking for, one base set per box.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I thought this was what people had been asking for, one base set per box.

Yes, but not without anything else. Wink

NECA is not interested in non-sport trading cards. Their main business is in the toys and models and bobbleheads. When they do put out a card product for one of the licenses it is done cheaply and made for quick public interest, not designed for card collector/hobby interest.

It's a shame because they could do a decent job with the cards if they tried, and yet getting a license like this and doing nothing with the cards prevents another manufacturer from having the opportunity to put out a set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one base set per box and nothing else - what would a dealer or a buyer have to charge or pay for this set - boxes are $40ish a box so a $40 set for a thin crappy 72 cards with NO WORDS - not what I call a deal - NECA is the WORST without a doubt

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well the Dr Who cards here in the UK are £1 per pack, so £24 per box, is that about $40?...these only contain base cards really ( although better quality ) and these sell like crazy, no problem.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
well the Dr Who cards here in the UK are £1 per pack, so £24 per box, is that about $40?...these only contain base cards really ( although better quality ) and these sell like crazy, no problem.

From what I can gather in online conversations, anything that is Who sells like crazy in the UK, so that is probably not a good comparison.

Last I heard the pound is pretty strong against the dollar, so 24 pounds a box is likely more than $40. Just checked exchange rate, $1.66 against, so it would be almost $40 exactly.

But this is what a plain vanilla card product costs these days, so the price is reasonable to what a good quality set with almost no extras should cost. The premium products in traditional format are going for $75 - $115 per box now.

The point that I was trying to make was that NECA really doesn't design cards with the hobby in mind, at least not yet. So card collectors may find themselves disappointed if they think they have even plain hobby exclusive boxes at $40.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
regardless of where or what set - I feel $40 is WAY WAY to much for a base set of cards - it eliminates so many buyers and collectors from purchasing any topic due to budget restrictions - that is why I avoid Premium pack sets as I cannot offer them to buyers for a reasonable price

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:

$40 is WAY WAY to much for a base set of cards

I agree with you 100%

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very few modern base sets are priced anywhere near $40, most recent non-premium products can be had for $15 or less. The cost of an average box of cards will always be higher than its contents, unless you get a autograph or sketch or relic hit that is of enough value as an individual card. But then it stops being an average box of cards. Big Grin

If the product has no autographs, sketches or relics and you only want the base set anyway, buying a box is not the way to go. It is cheaper to pick the set up from that auction site or a dealer.

The matter of how much its worth just comes down to whether or not you like the product really.

posted Hide Post
I beg to differ - many modern sets are in the $40 range any premium pack set has to be that high as 1 case of 16 premium packs only yields 1 set - so any product that is packaged in that format is usually $40 or more - manufacturers need to can that configuration so the populous of collectors can purchase that product (i.e. Stargate... sold so much of the regular configuration sets and and buying my 1 sad case only allowed me to offer 1 count'em 1 customer a complete base set of whatever the last Stargate set was called)

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
A $40 base set is an exception most are in the $10-15 range and you are comparing premium pack base sets to a traditional box release which is not a like comparison.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
of course it is a base set is a base set - a collector who wanted a base set for the final stargate has to pay dearly for it, but back on topic Divergent is atrocious and Neca should be ashamed of themselves with poor NO HORRIFIC COLLATION AND THE LACK OF CREATIVITY, I am surprised they did not just use crayon and do stick figures on paper napkins that would have been an improvement- if I sound bitter I am as Hunger Games and Divergent could have been huge $$$makers but due to Neca's apathy I bought 3 boxes instead of 3 cases or more

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sherlock2:
of course it is a base set is a base set - a collector who wanted a base set for the final stargate has to pay dearly for it, /QUOTE]

A premium base set limited to 250 is not the same as a base set where 10000 boxes/sets were produced, of course there are exceptions to every rule but the VAST majority of base sets go for under $15

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who cares what it is limited to it is a fraking base set of cards numbered 1 thru 26 - a collector with fixed amount of funds who collected base sets of a specific topic does not deserve to pay 8 times as much for a base set that company (ies) mid steam or end stream decide to alter the box configuration - is it cheaper to make these **** premium packs that only 250 collectors can afford or was it better to keep the 24, 30 or 36 count pack box - that a seller could supply a much larger number or buyers at a SIGNIFICANTLY better price - and I will repeat myself a base set is a base set - my customers and myself could give a hoot if it is limited to 250 - great so only 250 people on the planet can own it I would rather sell to 2500 - I thought we were all about widening the collecting population not shrinking it to the select gold spoon in mouth few

posted Hide Post
that's freaking not fr---king

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
can a mod move this thread to general card discussion please, we appear to have taken over the box breakdown section, sorry about that. Wavey

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
can a mod move this thread to general card discussion please, we appear to have taken over the box breakdown section, sorry about that. Wavey

Yes, this discussion has. Red Face It can't really be moved like that as it's an all or nothing deal. The whole topic would be moved. Maybe it's best we leave this go for now and let further breakdowns be posted below. If someone wants to further discuss the Divergent base set, they can start a new topic in the General Card Discussion forum.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post