March 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
slackjawedyokel
LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

Yeah I hear ya. I was not too pleased with case No. 1, out of the 14 sketches I do like the Vecchia-Gollum, Budd-Nazgul, Teranishi-Gollum, Gutierrez-Grima or Denethor? and the Pronovost-Gimli.

Case 2 wasn't looking that great either as my second box contained no sketch cards and my last 2 boxes yielded the Staggs Arwen or Eowyn(?) and the Color Zapata sketch. Much relief with those 2 cards Big Grin

Not too pleased with the case collation thus far seeing my first case versus Ztaylors awesome Parsons/Kayanan case.

March 16, 2006, 12:58 PM
make-mine-marvel
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's my sketches from my second case. I think I did a little better this time around. Big Grin

Yeah, funny, your 2nd case , you pulled a card worth/better done then all the sketchs from your first case, put together.

Yeah I hear ya. I was not too pleased with case No. 1, out of the 14 sketches I do like the Vecchia-Gollum, Budd-Nazgul, Teranishi-Gollum, Gutierrez-Grima or Denethor? and the Pronovost-Gimli.

Case 2 wasn't looking that great either as my second box contained no sketch cards and my last 2 boxes yielded the Staggs Arwen(?) and the Color Zapata sketch. Much relief with those 2 cards Big Grin

Not too pleased with the case collation thus far seeing my first case versus Ztaylors awesome Parsons/Kayanan case.

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!
He is my favorite character - I'd be thrilled to pull even one of those - !

@Sketchcards on Twitter
March 16, 2006, 01:27 PM
Beav
Cracked my first and probably only box, but as a generally unlucky opener I did very well.

4 Stained Glass (as stated)
6 Evolution A (2 more than stated)
2 Evolution B (as stated)
2 Sketches - Yaay me!! (not trying to gloat, but like I said, I'm not a lucky opener). And the best part is that one is good and one is real good. I believe the McCrea is Aragorn? And the Cat Staggs is verrry nice.

March 16, 2006, 01:30 PM
tialessa
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:
Cracked my first and probably only box, but as a generally unlucky opener I did very well.

Very well indeed! I would have been dancing after that box! Yes, it does look like an Aragorn. And that Eowyn is GORGEOUS! Two excellent sketches!

March 16, 2006, 03:51 PM
slackjawedyokel
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!

Chris - As soon as I pulled the Dead King card I remembered back from an earlier post that if you could have 2 cards this would be one of them. I feel very fortunate, as its my first color card and a very good one at that.
Cheers - Peter
March 16, 2006, 04:31 PM
aelfwine
One of our wishes came true lastnight when my 8 year old pulled this very nice sketch of Gollum by Allison Sohn Clap

To find our long-forgotten gold.
March 16, 2006, 04:54 PM
make-mine-marvel
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

DEAD KING, DEAD KING!

Chris - As soon as I pulled the Dead King card I remembered back from an earlier post that if you could have 2 cards this would be one of them. I feel very fortunate, as its my first color card and a very good one at that.
Cheers - Peter

TOO TRUE Smile
Glad it went to a good home -

@Sketchcards on Twitter
March 16, 2006, 08:57 PM
ztaylork
As you all know by now I have a problem with self control when it comes to this. I just cracked another case, I really liked both Dillon sketches (even though the wraith is not signed Frown

March 16, 2006, 09:33 PM
ztaylork
Opened one more box before my wife had to go to work Smile

March 17, 2006, 12:25 AM
Silverback
Nice, very nice! Thumb Up

Smokin'

March 17, 2006, 01:29 AM
spidergoblin
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Opened one more box before my wife had to go to work Smile

Dang dude,how many Kayanan's do you have now Eek

Great sketch btw Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 17, 2006, 09:41 AM
dlpn1fan
Awesome Kayanan Thumb Up
March 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
tialessa
I'm REALLY REALLY jealous of that Rohan warrior card... I'd even seriously consider trading my Legolas for that one... Great pulls!

March 17, 2006, 11:17 AM
ztaylork
Just finished the case, not a bad finish, but when you start with a Kayanan its hard to top it, the second staggs Eowyn is really nice though (as is pulling any staggs) and I really like the Chandler witch king.

March 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
Soul-on-Fire
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:

4 Stained Glass (as stated)
6 Evolution A (2 more than stated)
2 Evolution B (as stated)
2 Sketches - Yaay me!! (not trying to gloat, but like I said, I'm not a lucky opener). And the best part is that one is good and one is real good. I believe the McCrea is Aragorn? And the Cat Staggs is verrry nice.

I really like your moody Aragorn! Smile
March 17, 2006, 05:36 PM
Over_Worked_Mom
Got two more boxes in today - three sketches - one Fabbri, very simple soldier, one Jeff Chandler (very nice comic Gandalf - just not my personal taste) and one glorious Orc licking the blood from his sword by Norton - very cool Smile I like that one.

All three were new artists for me, so I guess that's good too.
March 17, 2006, 06:19 PM
Incarnadine
I gotta admit, this stuff is fun to crack open and reasonably priced, even now.
Boxes are starting to go up so I snagged 3 more before they get too pricey. Now the waiting game begins.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 17, 2006, 11:35 PM
aelfwine
Me and my son pulled this near full color Balrog by Rich Molinelli lastnight Clap

Not a Kayanan but just as good Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aelfwine,

March 17, 2006, 11:38 PM
aelfwine
Sorry about the picture. I'm trying my best without a scanner Wink

March 18, 2006, 02:02 AM
Scott Rammel
Opened another case, still have one coming as well, hoping it will get here on monday