Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Chrome (Topps, 2023)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Chrome (Topps, 2023)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Retail Blaster
10 packs, 4-5 cards each

2 exclusive purple parallels
1 Manga Madness
1 ROTJ40
2 Monikers
3 Grogu
33/100 base

Overall grade B
Pros: chrome, parallels, chase & base
Cons: no breakdown or odds information on the box or wrapper

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody open a HOBBY box?
Please post.
Wave

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Sure, here were 2 hobby boxes:

Also got 17 different refractors, plus 5 doubles of those, shown here:

Sold the little Leia autograph and the Kylo Ren 1st appearance to get back most of what the hobby boxes cost, but I didn't have a full base set, so I bought 5 blasters. Got closer, but still not there with 91/100 towards completion.

Here's the 10 Purple Wave refractors from the blasters:

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Chess...

Shoot me an email with your base wants.

My collation was horrible, but I have about 2000 spare base that won't make sets. Might have what you need.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ed, email sent...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got a surprise blaster box for my birthday. Xtime noted that you can get 4-5 cards per pack but the first one I opened had only three. The next pack had 5, though.

32 base
3 Grogu
2 Monikers
1 Manga Madness
2 purple refractors
1 ROJ40

As I read the breakdown on the Topps site, you can get a ROJ40 card 1 per 2 1/2 blaster boxes so I got lucky there. I pulled an ROJ40-1 (R2D2). Where the card looks blue, especially in the border areas, it actually exhibits a refractor effect off of silver as you turn it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I opened 4 blaster boxes of this series. With help from trades I was able to complete a base set. Still need some of the ROJ40 cards. My boxes did have a higher amount of Monikers than the odds indicate. Some of those Monikers are for trade.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post