Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Highlander (Unstoppable, 2023)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highlander (Unstoppable, 2023)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
My first case break in a couple of years. What I pulled (plus other observations) gave a good indication of the total print run.

A bit boring to open as there is just a sealed base set and envelope with 3 limited subset cards and 3 hits.

550 boxes 12 boxes per case = 45.8 cases

I read there were 43 sealed cases and the rest were open to individual box sales.

1 base set per box = 550 total. Set is actually super nice in both images and fun fact information on the back. I would recommend grabbing one now because I think these will dry up. No Sean Connery images to be found.

250-275 sketch cards 1 per 2.5 boxes plus a case sketch. I have seen some rough looking sketches but I was pretty happy with the 5 I pulled.
Jane Rushton
Nick Gribbons
Scott Fellows
Mark Stroud
J(AY)

Three 6 card insert sets it takes 6 boxes to complete each set. Really cool designs but the poster set has some bad centering issues. Looks to be a problem across total production.

1. Soft Touch Silver Foil
2. Movie Poster
3. Rainbow Holo-Foil Behind the scenes

550 / 6 = 91 complete sets available

50 case topper sets number to 50. Not gonna lie, I don't even know what these are supposed to be. They might be rare but really not sure who would want them.

Autographs per case. (Saw the same numbers on another case break as well)

Christopher Lambert CL1 1 Approx. 40-50
Bertie Edney BE1 1 Approx. 40-50
Russell Mulcahy RM1 2 Approx. 90-100
James Cosmo JC1 2 Approx. 90-100
Alistair Finley AF1 4 Approx. 180-200
Alistair Finley AF2 8 Approx. 365-375
Ian Reddington IR1 8 Approx. 365-375
Sion Tudor Owen STO1 8 Approx. 365-375

The Alistair overload was a bit disappointing. Still, nothing going on here that other companies aren't doing. Odd they couldn't get Quarshie to sign as he seems really active with Topps.

2 Ugly oversized cut cards James McKenna and Hugh Quarshie. Generally speaking Unstoppables cut cards are so bad (add uncontrollable OCD eye twitching) that I wish they would just stop. It makes things even worse when they don't even try to get quality signatures. My Quarshie is basically dark blue ink over black background. Supposedly there were 2 Clancy Brown's and 2 Connery's out there but I have yet to see them. Roxanne Hart wasn't on the original sales sheet so maybe she was a replacement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Intrigued to hear that you pulled two over-sized cut signature cards. I only had one in my case. However, to balance that I did find one of the scarce Sion Tudor Owen monochrome/grayscale cards. Mine was numbered 5/9.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Intrigued to hear that you pulled two over-sized cut signature cards. I only had one in my case. However, to balance that I did find one of the scarce Sion Tudor Owen monochrome/grayscale cards. Mine was numbered 5/9.

Yeah I am assuming it was a 50 case conception so whatever didn't balance out was shoved into the final production run.

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post