Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Witchblade Millenium (Dynamic Forces)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witchblade Millenium (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Got a box of Witchblade Millenium (which came with an additional 4 Top Cow autos and 2 sketch cards).

1 base set (maybe more)
Chrome cards C1, C4, C6
Glow in the Dark G2, G4, G6x2
Auto Matt Busch 100/200
Auto Christina Z (I think) 12/700
Sketch Witchblade by Matt Busch

The additional cards
Witchbalde Disciples of the Blade
Auto Matt Busch 506/1000
Auto Randy Green 748/1000

Battle of the Planets
Auto Yanick Paquette 285/1000
Auto Angel Medina 287/1000
Sketch ???? by ????

Fathom
Sketch Fathom by ????

If anyone knows the ???? please let me know.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Fathom is by Eric Basadula (sp?)
BOTP is popularly thought as Spectre by Angel Medina, but I'm not possitive

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think the BOTP character is Zoltar of Spectra, though.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Did you happen to purchase these from a certain UK shopping channel?

If so, I was very tempted by the item myself and nearly bought one, but they sold out Frown

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I certainly did. In fact, I bought it blind expecting it to be a box of Battle of the Planet since the listing on the website (where I bought it) didn't have an image or mention the set the box was for.
I just figgered that the price was low enough to take the chance.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scetch cards are nice, the fathom one is by Eric Basaldua (Spelling aweful I know lol)
The Battle of the planets one is Zoltar by possibly W tortosa

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks. make-mine-marvel has already cleared up Fathom but you've stirred it up again about Zoltar as MMM thought it was Angel Medina.

Maybe I'll email DF and see what they say. It's a shame they don't have a gallery on their website.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
sorry Raj but the Battle of the planets card is definately Zoltar.......
According to Jeff Allender there were six artists who did scetch cards

Angel Medina, Dan Parsons, Brian Rood, Dan Brereton, Wilson Tortosa & Kevin Mccarthy

I have Dan Parsons kevin Mccarthy and Brian Rood, so I know its not them, I got another scetch card with the same signature and thinks its by Wilson Tortosa because its not by Dan Brereton and thinks its not by Angel Medina, could be wrong Raj

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Yep. No doubt it's Zoltar. The only question is whether my card was drawn by Wilson Tortosa or Angel Medina. I suspect that it's Tortosa.

I've seen sketches by the other artists and, once you know the list of artists who've done sketches, their signatures are pretty easy to spot.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Okay. I did a search and Jeff Allender's site says Tortosa probably did no more than 25 sketches for BotP. The signature I've seen on his sitr is completely different to the one on the card. I'm convinced that the card is by Angel Medina.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raj..... Did you email Dynamic Forces to help clarify this artist?????

KADRAN00157

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
No. I'm not all that bothered and I reckon Medina is right.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got another box

No sketch cards in the box.
Autos by Jae Lee (red ink 31/100) and David Wohl (blue ink 68/200).

The extras I got with the box
Battle of the Planets autos Yanick Paquette (455/1000) and Angel Medina (315/1000)
Witchblade Diciples of the Blade autos Matt Busch (504/1000) and Randy Green (750/1000)

Sketches
Fathom by Jae Lee
Mark or Jason by ???

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
according to the Jeff allender page, its a toss up between Kevin Mccarthy and Wilson Tortosa
Angel Medina has no number on it and the other 3 scetch cards are out of 1000!!!
I think its a case of trying to email Dynamic forces and see if they can help!!!!

KADRAN00157

Picture of dillndill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know it’s an old box, but it’s one that I’ve always wanted and got it at a pretty good price. Here’s the break down:

Base sets – 2
Inserts:
Chrome cards C1 (some of the foil came off), C3, C5
Glow in the Dark G1, G2, G3, G5
Autos:
Julie Cialini Red Auto 2/100 (1995 Playboy Playmate of the Year) Drool
Randy Green Blue Auto 34/200
Sketchs:
None.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the auto's. Was hoping for a sketch, but guess you can't win them all.

Posts: 84 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post