Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Tale of Despereaux, The (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tale of Despereaux, The (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

posted
It's taken me 3! boxes to get a set of 70 cards. I wrote to Upper Deck about this lousy ratio and they said tuff beans. Very hard set to compile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Banos, California | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did you get any of the chase cards?

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Igor was just as bad. Mad
Hmmm...that was an Upper Deck product as well. What a qua-winki-dink!!! Twak

Wonder if NSU will take that into account when assigning a value to the base set and chase?

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Wonder if NSU will take that into account when assigning a value to the base set and chase?

Not yet. Wink If anybody knows the numbering of individual autographs, please let me know. I believe Reardon is 71 and Broderick is 74 from GoogleDebris.

Here's my 2-box break. First, the "base set" is 50 cards, followed by an "insert set" of 20 cards and a 6-card autograph set. Some sources have reported it as a 76-card base set.

A "Hobby" box is 24 packs of 5 cards. It says "sticker-card in every pack" but the insertion rate is about 1:2 packs for the die-cut stickers. Technically every card except autographs can be peeled from the backing and is thereby a sticker-card; only numbers 51-71 have die-cuts. Collation of the regular cards is rotten; you would expect about 2.16 base sets of 50 if it were perfect, but you are very unlikely to complete a base set with one box, and I found up to 7 copies of some numbers. Expect 0.60 sets of the die-cut stickers per box.

BOX 1

Base cards (1-50): 0 complete sets, 4 short of 1st, 18 short of 2nd, some threes through sevens.
Die-Cut Sticker cards (51-70, 1:2 packs): 13 different
Autograph cards (71-76, about 2:case): none

BOX 2

Base cards (1-50): 0 complete sets, 2 short of 1st, 18 short of 2nd, some threes through sevens.
Die-Cut Sticker cards (51-70, about 1:2 packs): 12 different
Autograph cards (71-76, about 2:case): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post