Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Battles in Time Devastator Booster Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Battles in Time Devastator Booster Set
 Login/Join

Picture of Dalekfan
posted
Opened one booster box. 32 packs of 9 cards. Each pack contains 1 rare card, so that's 32 rare cards and 288 common cards per box, plus any specials.

Breakdown was:

106 different commons (out of 209 in the set).

14 different rares (out of 25 in the set).

4 different Super Rares (plus 1 duplicate; out of 10 in the set). At a ratio of 1:6 packs this is correct for the odds.

1 Ultra Rare (at 1:24 packs this is the correct number to find, although odds state that you should get 2 URs in every third box).

1 Super Rose card ( Clap) at odds of 1:1000 packs, which is approx 1 in every 31 boxes.

The collation of BIT booster boxes has never been good, and the best I can really say is that it has improved from earlier releases...but they were really bad for collation.

106 out of 209 commons is about half, which I personally think is pretty poor if you're buying a full box...but I'm used to the "major" trading card manufacturers guaranteeing a set in a box.

Common cards as pulled seem to be in numerical groups, which presumably is just the way they're packed. But as a result it's noticable that some number runs are completely missing from the ones I got.

The Rare cards still suffer from the old problem of "curling up" over time.

The Super Rose, sadly is no different for this release, and is clearly old stock as it has a 2006 Copyright date on the back. I think BIT have missed the boat by not inserting a fresh Golden Ticket card in later sets. This would at least have given an incentive for box buyers to buy more product IMHO.

There now appear to be four variants of the Golden Rose card:

1. Test series version with a different flash on the front and non-shiny gold colour on the back.

2. A version with a 2006 Copyright date on the back but no website address (this is the version inserted in the current Devastator release).

3. A version with a 2006 Copyright date AND the web address on the back.

4. A version with a 2007 Copyright date AND the web address on the back.

In conclusion, some nice images but I would've loved to see some innovation in the card designs and a change to the number and ratio of subsets rather than just more of the same.

I would be really interested to hear if anyone pulls a full common set from a box, as this seems to be the Holy Grail with BIT (they've never yet managed it as far as I know).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
congratulations on the super rose card Thumb Up

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done on the super rose, that should pay for the box. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post