Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Official "Weird Al Yankovic" Limited Edition Trading Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official "Weird Al Yankovic" Limited Edition Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
I purchased three 50 card boxes and one 10 card pack from the Weird Al website. With shipping this cost about $40, so about the same as a reasonably priced box of cards

By purchasing 160 cards in total, I was hoping to complete the set of 110 cards, but I was 20 short, meaning I ended up with 90 of 110 total cards once I'd sorted them out. I have about 55 cards toward a 2nd set and the last 15 are Triples and Quads (but mostly triples, I only have a 2 or 3 quads).

First up are the 50 card boxes. These are just a random lot of 50 cards in an Ultra Pro 100 count plastic case. On the top of the box is a Weird Al logo sticker, as shown to the right of my picture. These boxes individually had a nice mix of cards. 2 of them had 50 unique cards in each box, but the 3rd one had 2 doubles in it (in other words, 48 different cards and 2 dupes in that box).

Once I sorted the three boxes out, I had 89 unique cards, with just the 10 card pack remaining. It is a better deal to buy the 50 card decks, but I wanted to see what the pack looked like, so I purchased one of those. Within the pack, all 10 cards were different, but I got only one more card I needed, which at least got me to an even 90 different

The pack wrapper, shown on the left of the picture, is a generic thick silver foil sealed packet with a full color "Weird Al" trading cards sticker affixed to the front. The back of the wrapper is blank.

Production values and design tend to vary on sets like these, but this one is really top notch. The cards show Al's album and single art from over the years, live performance photos, concert flyers, video screen grabs, and other various memorALbilia. My favorite card is the one of Al with The Monkees taken during the tour when he opened for them. The card backs are well written and extremely informative, even the long time Al enthusiast is sure to learn something new. The cards are printed on good quality card stock with a nice UV coation. They are cleanly cut, no off center
cards, and have excellent color.

I did receive one card that was a little bent, and another with some unusual impressions on it, but overall the cards are Near Mint to Mint. They are nicely packed for shipping, but because there are only 50 cards in an Ultra Pro holder designed to hold 100 cards, the cards will move a little within them along the way. My corners all looked pretty good, so as long as the packaged isn't manhandled, they should reach most purchasers undamaged from the trip. The company that sends them did pack them well and they also use priority mail, so they arrived quickly. I had them in about a week.

Despite no inserts, autographs, costumes, etc., the set is a nice one, and well worth putting together. I do have a good stack of doubles, as I mentioned, and would love to trade these, so hopefully someone else will pick these up as well. If so, please email once you have yours and are ready to trade.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and Breakdown I will have to go get some of these after the 4th.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Excellent review/breakdown! Thanks Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just got some of these cards last night and need about 15 different ones. Do You still have doubles and triples?
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I purchased three 50 card boxes and one 10 card pack from the Weird Al website. With shipping this cost about $40, so about the same as a reasonably priced box of cards

By purchasing 160 cards in total, I was hoping to complete the set of 110 cards, but I was 20 short, meaning I ended up with 90 of 110 total cards once I'd sorted them out. I have about 55 cards toward a 2nd set and the last 15 are Triples and Quads (but mostly triples, I only have a 2 or 3 quads).

First up are the 50 card boxes. These are just a random lot of 50 cards in an Ultra Pro 100 count plastic case. On the top of the box is a Weird Al logo sticker, as shown to the right of my picture. These boxes individually had a nice mix of cards. 2 of them had 50 unique cards in each box, but the 3rd one had 2 doubles in it (in other words, 48 different cards and 2 dupes in that box).

Once I sorted the three boxes out, I had 89 unique cards, with just the 10 card pack remaining. It is a better deal to buy the 50 card decks, but I wanted to see what the pack looked like, so I purchased one of those. Within the pack, all 10 cards were different, but I got only one more card I needed, which at least got me to an even 90 different

The pack wrapper, shown on the left of the picture, is a generic thick silver foil sealed packet with a full color "Weird Al" trading cards sticker affixed to the front. The back of the wrapper is blank.

Production values and design tend to vary on sets like these, but this one is really top notch. The cards show Al's album and single art from over the years, live performance photos, concert flyers, video screen grabs, and other various memorALbilia. My favorite card is the one of Al with The Monkees taken during the tour when he opened for them. The card backs are well written and extremely informative, even the long time Al enthusiast is sure to learn something new. The cards are printed on good quality card stock with a nice UV coation. They are cleanly cut, no off center
cards, and have excellent color.

I did receive one card that was a little bent, and another with some unusual impressions on it, but overall the cards are Near Mint to Mint. They are nicely packed for shipping, but because there are only 50 cards in an Ultra Pro holder designed to hold 100 cards, the cards will move a little within them along the way. My corners all looked pretty good, so as long as the packaged isn't manhandled, they should reach most purchasers undamaged from the trip. The company that sends them did pack them well and they also use priority mail, so they arrived quickly. I had them in about a week.

Despite no inserts, autographs, costumes, etc., the set is a nice one, and well worth putting together. I do have a good stack of doubles, as I mentioned, and would love to trade these, so hopefully someone else will pick these up as well. If so, please email once you have yours and are ready to trade.

Posts: 1 | Location: Livermore,Ca | Registered: July 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do. Email me at my address in my profile.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post