Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Playboy Lingerie Chest (Stellar)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playboy Lingerie Chest (Stellar)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
Just opened up a box of the newest Playboy release from Stellar Collectables, as follows:

Autograph cards - Scarlett Keegan, Tyran Richard
Memorabilia cards - Stephanie Glassom, Sarah Smith, Tamara Witner
Seduction - 6 different
Too Hot to Handle - 6 different
Base set - 1 complete, 2nd set missng 8 cards, 31 extras

10 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 10 boxes per case

My luck with this box was better than expected, as the memorabilia cards are seeded 1:18 packs (slightly over 1 per box--actually 13.33 per case). Since I got three in this box, that must mean someone got only one (sorry.... Big Grin). The rest of the inserts were right on target with the expected ratios. [Unfortunately for me, the Tyran Richard autograph is a duplicate, as I picked up some loose packs previous to this box purchase, so it will be available for trade.]

The quality of the cards is, as usual, very good. However, I noted a few pictures that are repeated from earlier releases, although this was not a huge problem. The card stock is slightly thicker than most nonsports cards, but not nearly as thick as the Wet & Wild II release. I had one common card that had a slight ding on the bottom edge, but that smoothed out pretty easily. My only real complaint about the cards is the price, $100.00 for the sealed box at my local dealer. However, the increased number of inserts helps to somewhat justify the cost.

Overall, I would give this release a solid B+. I will almost certainly be buying more in the future.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone had bought any of these. I bought 4 packs ($7 a pack + tax Eek recently and had some pretty good luck, something in every pack. I got:

Seduction S3 of 10
Too Hot to Handle TH5 of 10
Sandra Hubby autograph SH/LC
Angel Boris Autograph Materials (1:720 packs)

If you need the Hubby auto or the inserts they are up for trade. The Angel will most likely end up on ebay at some point.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nice pull on the Angel Boris card! Email sent.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Opened a second box of this release:

base set - 2 complete, with 24 extra cards
boxtopper autograph - JF/LC (Juliette Frette)
autograph cards - JF/LC (Juliette Frette), MM/LC (Michelle MacLaughlin)
Memorabilia cards - Triana Iglesias, April Ireland
Seduction - 6 different
Too Hot to Handle - 6 different

I was excited to find the boxtopper card once I opened the box, but my excitement dwindled when I wound up pulling the exact same card from a pack--the only difference is that the boxtopper is in a sealed toploader. The cards are identical and even the autographs look very similar. No Angel Boris cards, but I didn't really expect to get one, so no disappointment there.

Need to go update my trading lists now....