Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Book of Boba Fett 1 (Topps, 2022)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book of Boba Fett 1 (Topps, 2022)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Retail blaster
with 10 packs, 6 cards each.
40/100 base cards, no dupes
1 Patch - Boba Fett
1 Aliens & Creatures
2 Arsenal
3 Art
4 Characters
8 blue parallels
2 purple parallels

Overall C/C+
Pros: Art, Character, and wrapper design.
Cons: Aliens should have been a chase set dedicated to the Tusken Raiders.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a hobby box at a local sports card store. It was priced at $69.95. I've seen the two Mandolorian products start at over $100. It has an autograph or sketch like those. Why so comparatively cheap?

Posts: 4414 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Why so comparatively cheap?

I don't do anything Star Wars, so this is just my general impression looking at the product checklist.

First of all, I don't hear nearly as much about Boba Fett as I did when the Mandolorian started, so is the show as popular? I think for this product, if you are not actually watching the show, the demand for cards will be less.

I have looked at the autograph checklist and, not watching the show, I know only 3 of the actors by name. Part of having autograph appeal is that you get cross references from other projects and if signers have limited exposure, fewer people will be looking for them.

Finally, and this one is also very important to me anyway, an autograph per box is not guaranteed. The one premium hit is split between an autograph or a sketch. That always discourages me because I want an autograph over a sketch in general, so I usually stay away from skip boxes. I don't think I'm the only one.

Those could be some of the reasons for a discounted product or it could be something related to the particular store. Maybe they need to move it on fast with a reduced price. You should ask them, if you aren't worried about losing a good deal yourself. Smile

Posts: 10426 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody open a hobby tin, yet? Please post.
Big Grin

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone said that Topps heavily allocated dealers on the boxes for this product, but that the retail versions are much easier to find.

Posts: 4016 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two hobby tins. There was an autograph in each one. The first was Barry Lowin as Garfalaquox. The second was a green parallel numbered 34/75 of Skyler Bible as Fixer. I had 65 of 100 base cards. Not much duplication on the chase card subsets which was nice.

I then saw retail blaster boxes which I hadn't seen in Canada in years. I bought one. I only pulled 4 of the base cards that needed. The patch card was MP-14, Fennec Shand. Most of the chase cards were ones I didn't pull from the hobby tins.

I decided to try a second retail blaster box this week. I pulled 6 more base cards that I didn't have. The patch card is MP-12, Fennec Shand. Once again, most of the other chase cards that I pulled were ones I didn't have.

Posts: 383 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I received two more blaster boxes for my birthday last week. I pulled ten of the twenty-five base cards that I was missing. The patch cards were MP-7 and MP-11.

Posts: 383 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Send me your Boba want list? I have a few extra base and inserts.

Posts: 905 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stevetrek! The envelope arrived yesterday.