Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Topps-2009)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Topps-2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
These "sticker fun packs" are aimed primarily at the retail market. You wouldn't even know that there were human actors in the movie; it's all about the Autobots and Decepticons. Perhaps the only place you will see a human depiction is on the Shia LeBouf autograph card. The cards and stickers are nicely done, but the whole set seems a bit "routine." Boxes are 24 packs of 3 sticker-cards, 2 cards, and 1 of either pop-up cards or temporary tattoos. 8 boxes per case. Expect 2 complete sets of the cards and 1.60 sets of the 45 sticker-cards per box.

BOX 1

Sticker-cards (45, 2: pack): 1 complete set, 54 doubles.
Comic Art cards (12, 1: pack,): 2 complete sets, 1 through 12 of 12.
Movie 1 Recap cards (9): 2 complete sets, 1 through 9 of 9.
Preview cards (3): 2 complete sets, 1 through 3 of 3.
Pop-up cards (9, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, 1 through 9 of 9, 3 extras.
Temporary tattoos (10, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, 1 through 10 of 10, 2 extras.
Autograph cards (6, 1:91 packs): none

BOX 2

Sticker-cards (45, 2: pack): 1 complete set, 54 doubles.
Comic Art cards (12, 1: pack,): 2 complete sets, 1 through 12 of 12.
Movie 1 Recap cards (9): 2 complete sets, 1 through 9 of 9.
Preview cards (3): 2 complete sets, 1 through 3 of 3.
Pop-up cards (9, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, 1 through 9 of 9, 3 extras.
Temporary tattoos (10, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, 1 through 10 of 10, 2 extras.
Autograph cards (6, 1:91 packs): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff! With the 2 boxes combined did you make a 3rd Sticker-Card set out of the 108 doubles?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nope, I was 10 cards short with 19 extras. Maybe boxes A and B from the case would have been "mirrors" but I got boxes B and C. If I had made 3 sets, the box price might have seemed a bit more reasonable for the contents.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Retail bonus box at Target...

6 packs (3 stickers, 2 cards & 1 chase)
3 tattoos 5,7,8
3 pop-ups 1,3,8
18 stickers
12 cards (movie & art)

Overall B.
The art cards are interesting.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Ironhide auto. Thumb Up

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Bought a box at Target this weekend also and was shocked to actually get a Optimus Prime autograph.
Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ironhide auto.

Hi xtime is the back of the card as a small defect on it?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Bought a box at Target this weekend also and was shocked to actually get a Optimus Prime autograph.
Thumb Up

You and Batman have the best luck at Target! Eek

Congratulations!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
No noticeable defects.
Anybody eles have pics?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
On my way home from work last night, I stopped at a Target to check their cards and decided to get the 5 box blasters that they had on their shelf (I needed a card fix lol)

When I got home I went straight to bed because I had to be up at 5am to take my father to a dr's appt so I left the cards to open when I got back.

I pulled:

Peter Cullen/Optimus Prime auto out of 1 box Metal

AND

Robert Foxworth/Rachet auto out of 1 of the other boxes! Elephant

I feel very lucky because out of 4 hobby boxes I didn't get a single auto when the cards came out! lol Now to pull 2 autos from 30 packs? w00t!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheap box at the San Jose toy show. My daughter and I peeled off half the stickers already, so I don't think we're going to even attempt a set lol. These cards are way too fun to put in binders anyways =)

Oh, and we did get an auto which was nice: Robert Foxworth (Rachet)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post