Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Yearbox 2008 (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Yearbox 2008 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join
 
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's the one. Here it is. Sorry, I forget that some people aren't Who-nuts like me. I mistakenly assume that everyone knows the Whomobile... Smokin'

 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Very cute! lol

I'd heard of the Supermobile, the Batmobile, and the Popemobile, but never the Whomobile. Big Grin

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Very cute! lol

I'd heard of the Supermobile, the Batmobile, and the Popemobile, but never the Whomobile. Big Grin


Technically, it's called "The Alien" in real life. It never had a name in the show. It was commissioned by Jon Pertwee for his personal use and it was put into two of the stories of his final season.

-Bob-

____________________
Reasonable doubt for reasonable people!
 
Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Very cute! lol

I'd heard of the Supermobile, the Batmobile, and the Popemobile, but never the Whomobile. Big Grin


Technically, it's called "The Alien" in real life. It never had a name in the show. It was commissioned by Jon Pertwee for his personal use and it was put into two of the stories of his final season.

-Bob-


...although in one of the stories it wasn't complete at the time of recording.
 
Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Very cute! lol

I'd heard of the Supermobile, the Batmobile, and the Popemobile, but never the Whomobile. Big Grin


Technically, it's called "The Alien" in real life. It never had a name in the show. It was commissioned by Jon Pertwee for his personal use and it was put into two of the stories of his final season.

-Bob-


...although in one of the stories it wasn't complete at the time of recording.


Interesting... wish I had seen those. Thanks for the information guys! Thumb Up

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:

Technically, it's called "The Alien" in real life. It never had a name in the show. It was commissioned by Jon Pertwee for his personal use and it was put into two of the stories of his final season.

-Bob-


...although in one of the stories it wasn't complete at the time of recording.


That it correct! The canopy wasn't finished so a windscreen was hastily installed.

-Bob-

____________________
Reasonable doubt for reasonable people!
 
Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One final roll of the dice on this particular set of yearboxes. Note the set number Big Grin



If there is a Robert Hack or Christina Aguilera fan out there interested in doing a trade for the Celebrity Sketch in this set, please let me know.
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
So are you pleased with this roll of the dice?

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sort of. I had hoped that the very last set would have had at least one really good sketch in it, e.g. Martineck, Aragon or Mangue. The Nik card is a better skeleton ink sketch than the one I already have. The Pegasus sketch is excellent as is the Pterodactyl (I developed a real liking for Chris Henderson's work on this set and will probably try to pick a couple more of his off eBay). The Perez piccie is not exactly great but does have the redeeming factor that it is the only sketch I have acquired that shows a scene from 'Three Worlds of Gulliver'
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
The Perez piccie is not exactly great but does have the redeeming factor that it is the only sketch I have acquired that shows a scene from 'Three Worlds of Gulliver'


That's what it was! lol I missed the little person in the forground. Big Grin

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
So was there ever a reason given why the Harryhausen set wasn't made? I must have missed it. Shake Head

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think the reason has been released by Strictly Ink. If I were to hazard a guess I would say licensing costs could have been prohibitively high. The rights to most of Ray Harryhausen's films are owned by Sony-Columbia and they demand large sums of money for any product licenses. I approached them myself a couple of years back in connection with a project I wanted to implement. Back then, they wouldn't even start talking for less than $20,000 up front Shake Head
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Having said that, the fact that sketch cards were released makes you wonder what went on - unless the sketch cards weren't approved!!!!
 
Posts: 12170 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that. However, the small print on the back of the Yearset set number card includes this statement:

"The cards issue in this have been for in-house promotion only. No copyright infringement is intended and the individual cards are not sold as a licensed release, all copyright belongs with their respective licensees."

So they weren't 'officially' released just sold off in anonymous bundles in a sort of lottery Big Grin
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder about the legal position when re-selling the cards on Ebay and the like.
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
"The cards issue in this have been for in-house promotion only. No copyright infringement is intended and the individual cards are not sold as a licensed release, all copyright belongs with their respective licensees."

So they weren't 'officially' released just sold off in anonymous bundles in a sort of lottery Big Grin


The fact that the sketch cards have "the harryhausen collection" printed on them seems to run a very thin line on copyright
 
Posts: 12170 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Yearbox 2008 (Strictly Ink)

© Non-Sport Update 2013