Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an oddball promo I hadn't seen before this year. The front features a rather obscure comic book character without any front text other than a reference to the artist (Pete Garcia) and the year (1993). The back is blank so we get no help there.

However, it helps to see it was inserted with some copies of Spotlight #0 comic, which is a special edition comic book from 1993 featuring stories and artwork from three different companies, Heroic Publishing, Blue Comet Press, and Conquest Press.

A flip through the issue allowed me to identify the character as coming from the "Stars & Stripes" series by Conquest Press.

This card is the third different one I've seen that was inserted with Spotlight #0. There was a Blue Comet Press promo (Card #8 "Arthon", as noted in PCE2008) polybagged with it as well as Chrissie Claus C-01 by Heroic Publishing. You had to buy three separate copies to get all three.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4550 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's something for the Hercules or Xena fan who thought they had all the cards.

It's an unnumbered, dual-image lenticular 2-card panel inserted with a Wal-Mart exclusive edition VHS of "Hercules and Xena: The Battle for Mount Olympus" (Universal Cartoon Studios, 1997). It's still in its cello-pack with the panel measuring 4 x 5 inches. There's a seam between the cards so it looks like you can separate the cards if you want.

The images change from Hercules and Xena as animated characters to photos of the live-action actors (Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless) as you turn the card.

Posts: 4550 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post