Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card I'd never even heard about before seeing it just recently. It's a prototype for a set (JPP/Amada, 1998) for the Godzilla movie that came out in 1998. The source is unknown but it reminds of a few cards I've seen that were sent to a limited number of dealers - those who sold not just trading cards but also various collectibles from Japan.

Edit: For some reason the image either comes out too large (like it is now) or too small even when I size down the original by only 30%. Leaving it as it is takes up a lot of space but at least you can read it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4401 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a "Tour Cards" 3-card promo panel (Gem Mint, 1992). I'm not sure a regular set was ever made. It is unnumbered and measures 3 7/8 x 9 inches. Singles from this panel were shown online for a while but the site has disappeared. It appears that it wasn't widely distributed.

Posts: 4401 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's a "Tour Cards" 3-card promo panel (Gem Mint, 1992).

This is possibly the best thing you have ever posted!

Posts: 2215 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's probably the most valuable card I have now.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one looks like a 1958 Topps #476 Stan Musial baseball card on the front but the back reveals that it's actually a reprint Topps created to promote the 1991 "East Coast National" show. It's one of a 4-card set which is not too hard hard to find these days and not expensive.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two yeara ago, I posted a V002 card promoting "Voltron: The Third Dimension" (Trimark Home Video, 2000) in this thread. At the time, I didn't know where it came from (got it from a seller who didn't know), but since then, I've learned that it was an insert with the "Voltron: The Third Dimension" V002 VHS tape.

Here's a V004 card which was inserted with the V004 VHS tape. Like the others, it measures 2 1/2 x 4 inches and the back provides a synopsis of the two episodes on the tape. I haven't seen a V005 card nor a V005 VHS so it's probably the last card of a 4-card set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This Monster Marsh 5-card set (Sea World of Ohio, 1994) promotes a temporary attraction at Sea World of Ohio (Aurora, OH) featuring photos of large robotic prehistoric animals created and leased by Dinamation International Corporation. There are a few other card sets (promo and otherwise) with shots of those dinosaur robots.

I had seen the Tyrannosaurus card before. It was the top card in a promo pack that sold on Ebay years ago. The listing showed only the top of the pack so I didn't know how many cards were in it and what the back of the bottom card looked like. I'd been watching for another one until I recognized the card in a lot recently available. The lot also had a 5-card set of "Shark Encounter" cards which promoted another Sea World attraction. The seller told me all those cards were in the same pack.

As an added note, Mike Riley's dinofan.com site shows a variant of the Tyrannosaurus card. It has a "Carnivore Park" and "Jeep" logos on the front with a "Sea World" logo on the back and a different back design. He has or was able to scan only that card but apparently assumes there are others.

Looking at the post now, the embedded scan is a little clipped on the right and left edges though the scan I made shows the edges. Weird.

Also, I'll show the Shark Encounter cards later tonight.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here are the "Shark Encounter" cards. You've probably noticed that two of the same card ("Brown Shark") made it into the pack with the "Monster Marsh" ones. I don't know if there is a fifth different card or if it's a 4-card set and an extra Brown Shark got slipped in by mistake.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the "Gremlins 2" 5-sticker promo set (Amblin Entertainment/Warner Bros., 1990), which as you might guess, promotes the movie. The seller remembered the set as part of a promotion at Aladdin's Castle and that this one was a leftover from one in Boulder, Colorado. Each one is 3 x 5 inches with an essentially blank back. You can find random singles from time to time. A set in nice condition is a good find.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a flea market a couple of weeks ago and saw a card I hadn't seen before. It's an insert with Hot Country Steel die-cast toy cars (Racing Champions/Leann Rimes Entertainment, 1998). It's another set of country singer cards but this one seems small - perhaps less than ten different.

The set number is unknown but when I look elsewhere online I see two different Alan Jackson cards so there might be more than one set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is card #8 from "The Marilyn Collection" (Fox Video, 1992). I showed card #10 earlier in this thread:

https://nonsportupdate.infopop...53/m/8267062236/p/21

I still don't know the set number but haven't seen a card past 10. Cards were inserted one per "The Marilyn Collection," videocassette. Each one features original theatrical art from the same Marilyn Monroe movie it was packaged with. Each measures 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches and was printed on thin stock. Back text provides background information on the movie. I've seen a couple of other singles for sale over the years so I have a little more of a checklist:

Collector Card #5 "Monkey Business"
Collector Card #6 "Niagara"
Collector Card #7 "Gentleman Prefer Blondes"
Collector Card #8 "How to Marry a Millionaire"
Collector Card #10 "The Seven Year Itch"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looked on ebay now and Marilyn card # 7 is for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

UPDATE: Although I don't see any more cards, the other 5 MIGHT be as follows, as I see the 1992 VHS tapes for all of these:

River of No Return
Let's Make Love
Don't Bother to Knock
Love Nest
Let's Make it Legal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 4012 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tommy. I added it to the checklist.

Look for any sealed VHS printed on the back of the box as containing a card. The shrinkwrap doesn't have a sticker draw attention to it. I would've overlooked it the first time but one came up in a search because the seller noted it had a card inside. Also, sometimes you can find a cheap one (less than $10 including shipping).

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looked on ebay now and Marilyn card # 7 is for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

UPDATE: Although I don't see any more cards, the other 5 MIGHT be as follows, as I see the 1992 VHS tapes for all of these:

River of No Return
Let's Make Love
Don't Bother to Knock
Love Nest
Let's Make it Legal