Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Should the inworks.com Promos be included in every set they mention
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should the inworks.com Promos be included in every set they mention
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Rather than utilise the word "rule" I prefer "Guideline" as then each collector can do what ever they like whenever they like etc.

So not polluting your collections and wasting your money on fake autographs and unlicensed homemade cards is just a "Guideline" then, not a "rule"? OK.

Now I'm jesting. Big Grin

Raven

I possibly do have some unlicensed cards and fake autograph cards that I am not aware of but that is the beauty of card collecting.

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

....and you are totally correct unless you try to sell your collection and then what other people think becomes rather important.

Sounds like you are talking about investments. I'm talking about hobbies.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I possibly do have some unlicensed cards and fake autograph cards that I am not aware of but that is the beauty of card collecting.

Not when you paid good money for genuine merchandise and find out later that you got scammed. There is no beauty in that.

Look this whole conversation just illustrates my original point. Anybody can collect anything they want, but in an established hobby with high priced items, there are correct answers to some questions.

Call them rules, call them guidelines, call them best practices. Call them whatever you want, but acknowledge that there are things you should do and things you should avoid doing if you have any experience in that particular hobby. When someone asks you for advice about cards or autographs, it is not all a matter of opinion. Some of it is truth, experience and correct answers. And yes, when you go to sell or downsize "your buy whatever I like" collections, you may be in for a very rude awaking.

The fact that expert card collectors cannot agree enough on some of the most rudimentary basics and simple language in the hobby, so that there is no universally accepted answer to anything, is pretty telling and pretty silly. But that's how it is. Smile

Posts: 10426 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Not when you paid good money for genuine merchandise and find out later that you got scammed. There is no beauty in that.

Look this whole conversation just illustrates my original point. Anybody can collect anything they want, but in an established hobby with high priced items, there are correct answers to some questions.

Call them rules, call them guidelines, call them best practices. Call them whatever you want, but acknowledge that there are things you should do and things you should avoid doing if you have any experience in that particular hobby. When someone asks you for advice about cards or autographs, it is not all a matter of opinion. Some of it is truth, experience and correct answers. And yes, when you go to sell or downsize "your buy whatever I like" collections, you may be in for a very rude awaking.

The fact that expert card collectors cannot agree enough on some of the most rudimentary basics and simple language in the hobby, so that there is no universally accepted answer to anything, is pretty telling and pretty silly. But that's how it is. Smile

I surrender!!

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post