Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROMO Card Prices
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Of course, I should have hinted that a lot of rarely seen promo cards could be appearing on the auction website since he announced that he was not going ahead with the Guinness Book of records classification due to their requirements.

regards

John

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see a few Marvel Universe Toy Biz cards have sold for $500 a piece.

Here's a link to the Wolverine promo that sold:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35466...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Of course, I should have hinted that a lot of rarely seen promo cards could be appearing on the auction website since he announced that he was not going ahead with the Guinness Book of records classification due to their requirements.

Just going through the cards he has sold, and the cards he has for sale, is like a walk through a promo museum.

Posts: 2207 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We're seeing some Marvel cards are still selling at high proces. I just looked at a Marvel Masterpieces 24-card press sheet of prototypes that sold for $394.72 on March 19. PCE2008 listed its going-rate at $35.

Two thousand six hundred of these were printed and some number of those were given out at the 13th National in 1992. Below is a link to the sale which might disappear within the next 6-7 days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13380...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see a Monkees IT-3 promo sold for $49.99 on June 26. That's the most I've ever seen it (or any of the other Cornerstone Inside Trader promos) go for.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ran across this auction a couple of days ago before it ended earlier today. For the benefit of those who read this after the link to the auction expires, it was a lot of 17 uncut sheets including 5-6 Comic Images case toppers, Fathom 4-card sheets, and a Sorayama 3-card panel (the 3-card subset inserted 1 per box). It was at only a couple of bucks then and I thought about putting in a bid in case no one else got in. Two bucks plus about 15 more for shipping would be a great deal but I got caught up in work and football so I didn't get in.

It ended at $112.38 with 7 bids. That surprised me. I predicted that it might end around $10 with someone getting an incredible deal but an early bidder bumped it up from around $16 to just over $100 before getting sniped late by a new bidder.

I hadn't seen the Sorayama 3-card panel before and wondered if it was one of those gifts Comic Images reserved for member of its collectors' club.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37518...tkp%3ABk9SR9SQ_valYw

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A complete set of the 1991 Marvel Comics staff cards, all 32, sold for some amount less than $ 500.00.

I doubt that a set of those ever appeared on ebay before.

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A "101 Dalmatians" SW1 sold for $400 on Feb 18. That's the most I've seen it go for.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems this card has rebounded in value after dropping from a high during the pandemic. One sold for just $30 just over a year ago. I see a few recent sales (last 90 days) in what appears to be roughly the $75-100 range (two Best Offer sales less than $88) with one PSA 9 (Mint) having sold for $189.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
That Dragon Ball (Bird Studio, 1995) holofoil promo which was consistently selling for $40-60 last year with one going for $75 is still a good seller -$59.99 on Nov 13. This is a card that seemed to skyrocket in value in 2019 with sales as high as $150. They have settled since but $40-60 is still impressive for a card that was going for $5-10 a few years ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13431...rksid=p2047675.l2557