Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Holy Grail is the same as "Master Set" and it is personal - some Holy Grails are - "never seen one" some are "can't/won't pay that for a promo card".

My "Holy Grail" at the moment is Outlander Season 2 P10 as I won't pay $170 for a promo card but I need it for the set.

Posts: 11522 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
My "Holy Grail" at the moment is Outlander Season 2 P10 as I won't pay $170 for a promo card but I need it for the set.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Holy Grails. I picked up one of mine this year. Not a promo, but an autograph card that completes a pair. I could have picked it up at anytime because, although rare, there were always a couple of copies for sale. I just didn't like the price and it never came down. This year I pulled the trigger and bought it because my spending was way down and I had the extra. I'm really happy I finally got the card after 17 years, but the timing does have to be right, even for Holy Grails. One day that P10 might seem worth it to you, even if its never a bargain. Smile

Posts: 6626 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Is there a card from Monty Python with the Grail pictured on it?

Posts: 1709 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

it's only a model.

Posts: 27492 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

it's only a model.

!!!WHAAAAAT!!!
Another fantasy dashed all to pieces. And not Marvel Masterpieces either Frown

Posts: 1709 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post