Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Oh sure, rub it in LOL

Actually, a month or two ago, I found someone who had 2 of those for sale. I figured I could grab 'em both for the same postage and have an extra for someone else. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the cards had been removed from the baggies...

I imagine they weren't all that rare at the time, but try to find one now...

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Which comic title & issue did it come with and do you have a scan of it?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starfleetbeat
posted Hide Post
The Commander Benjamin Sisko promo card came with Malibu DS9 comic #2. Here's a couple of dutch auctions on eBAy - not mine - where everyone can get one cheap!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140172514692

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130031019501

Ben

This message has been edited. Last edited by: starfleetbeat,

Posts: 127 | Location: new york | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starfleetbeat:
The Commander Benjamin Sisko promo card came with Malibu DS9 comic #2. Here's a couple of dutch auctions on eBAy - not mine - where everyone can get one cheap!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140172514692

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130031019501

Ben

Thanks. Now to see if I actually have the comic.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Mine has just got to be the Witchblade tv series UK card.

Crossing fingers that I'll find it before I do give up.. which will probably be in about five years.

That's my limit lol

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Mine would have to be the complete 9 card set of the Hercules Mall Tour Promos with ALL of the McDonald's food coupons intact.......did anyone else collect these??

Also, the Dannon Yogurt Aladdin pop-up cards even though I am still missing 1 card.

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for the Mallrats 10 card promo set, one day it will be mine.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
AJJ,

Somewhere I have a Mallrats promo set. Send me your mailing address, and if I can find it, it's yours.

Joe

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe,very generous offer. Email sent.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starfleetbeat
posted Hide Post
I've never found a Star Trek Generations New Zealand Edition S1 prototype cinema card as seen on Lynne's site http://jklm.net/atn/s1nz.jpg

Ben

Posts: 127 | Location: new york | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Mine would have to be the complete 9 card set of the Hercules Mall Tour Promos with ALL of the McDonald's food coupons intact.......did anyone else collect these??

Also, the Dannon Yogurt Aladdin pop-up cards even though I am still missing 1 card.

Cecil

Cecil,

Glad to see you have joined Card Talk. Hope you enjoy your stay here...

The Hercules Mall Tour cards with attached coupons are on my needs list too! I have 1 or 2 of the cards, but that is it.

Never tried to get the Dannon Aladdin pop-up cards.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
quote:

Cecil

Cecil,

Glad to see you have joined Card Talk. Hope you enjoy your stay here...

The Hercules Mall Tour cards with attached coupons are on my needs list too! I have 1 or 2 of the cards, but that is it.

Never tried to get the Dannon Aladdin pop-up cards.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome! It was kind of funny, I was wondering where the big influx of collector's over at the Mego Museum were coming from....until I joined here and see most of the same names here.

Yeah, the Hercule's Mall Tour cards are special to me because of what I had to endure in order to get them. You had to play games, which were designed for children.....so, yes, it was a little embarrassing to go through the motions....BUT I did complete the set. The Dannon set is a very beautiful set, I'll get some scans together of both issues when I can get into the closet where all my food issued stuff is.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming more involved here.

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I've just seen the new X-Files promo card for the "I want to believe" set (#X-i) and i WANT IT! lol Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:

I picked up this set last fall at a reasonable price I thought. It had been on my needs list for a long time....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
My holy grail promo has been (and always will be) the Lexx Suncoast 4 Card Set.

I've never even seen one of the cards, but I know they are out there and I have a second mortgage on standby for when they surface.

Big Grin

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine would be the Star Wars SW1 I just learned about that's being sold on Ebay. I had no idea this card existed. Does anyone have any other info on this?

Posts: 3 | Location: NJ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Another on my EXTREME WANT list would have to be the Dannon Yogurt Aladdin pop-up cards. I need pop-up #5 of 8. This promotion ran back in the early 90's. I was fortunate enough to buy 8 packages of yogurt and got 7 different cards. I traded my only extra to a friend in Seattle so that at least one of us could have a complete set. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Mine isn't super tough to find, but I have no luck whatsoever.

It is the Six Feet Under DVD promo card. Still looking....

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Mine isn't too tough either. Need the Twilight SDCC uncut promo set. After that, I can put a fork in it and call it done.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ROBOTS HOLIDAY PROMO
ROBOTS HOLIDAY PROMO
ROBOTS HOLIDAY PROMO
Any one got one going spare?????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post