Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
I never posted these, but I have had them for a while.

Katie Cook artist return:

Hi Glim,how attached are you to the Katie Cook card ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I'm not a big Katie Cook fan, usually a bit too cartoony for me, but I liked this AP she did for the first Heroes set so it has been a cool part of my collection for a number of years now...

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some of you may be aware that Sanna U has produced a mini-set of cards where some of the proceeds are going to help the work being carried out following the recent tsunami disaster in Japan. She created a set of 5 beautiful cards and had a very limited edition of 100 sets produced. With each set, she included an original sketch card from 100 Full colour PSCs, Convention style sketches, and an assortment of AP/AR cards from various official sets she has worked on. There are still some sets available and full details can be found over on the Scoundrel Arts forums:

http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=23664

I ordered two sets and yesterday the postman delivered them. Inside the envelope, I found a pale blue/green envelope and a pink envelope sealed up in separate clear plastic bags. For no particular reason, I opened the blue envelope first. It contained set #43/100. This was in a sealed team bag taped to the yellow card. To my delight, hiding behind the five beautiful trading cards was one of the 30 full colour PSCs Sanna has created for this set. Specifically, this really gorgeous and dramatic sketch of Wonder Woman :!:

As I'd only bought two sets and after finding such an amazing sketch in the first one, I pretty much assumed my second set would hold one of the 50 Convention Style quick PSCs. I couldn't possibly be lucky enough to find anything else, could I ? So imagine my thoughts and reaction when I opened up the card containing set #67/100 and found myself staring not only at one of Sanna's Legend and Lore Artist Proof cards but also the very card I was most hoping to pull in the form of Tennyo - The Female Angel !

As I'd bid for and won the original artwork for one of the five cards she had created for the set on Thursday evening, this card was especially welcome as it features the same character Elephant Elephant Clap Clap

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards Kevin, I've just ordered a set and will post what sketch I get when it arrives.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I ordered two sets, nice cards and for a good cause. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up, got one Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Got one too !

Good call.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I have to admit I'm not a big Katie Cook fan, usually a bit too cartoony for me, but I liked this AP she did for the first Heroes set so it has been a cool part of my collection for a number of years now...

NICE Thumb Up

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
The sketch I received yesterday from the Sanna U mini set (29/100):

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got my two Sanna U Japan Relief sets today, 98/100 and 99/100. Here are the results, I'm happy!

Smile Big Grin

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

A couple from Ryan Hungerford I love his animation style hence I'am collecting his cards from Galaxy 6.

A couple from Mr Desbois

Posts: 5 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've just got around to scanning my most recent eBay acquisition - a Robert Tenanishi from "LOTR Masterpieces" of Gollum:

I blame Patdata for this - he raved over Teranishi and I picked one up at Memorabilia a couple of years ago. This one (above) cost 99p plus postage and if it hadn't been for someone beating me at the last minute, I'd have had a couple more too!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I've just got around to scanning my most recent eBay acquisition - a Robert Tenanishi from "LOTR Masterpieces" of Gollum:

I blame Patdata for this - he raved over Teranishi and I picked one up at Memorabilia a couple of years ago. This one (above) cost 99p plus postage and if it hadn't been for someone beating me at the last minute, I'd have had a couple more too!
Au Res.,
Paul

I love Teranishi's sketches and they're usually a steal.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a Remy Dousset Thor AP and a De Castro regular sketh from Thor

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I don't recall ever posting this one here. This was a commission done by Sarah Wilkinson a while back. As with most sketches, the scan doesn't do the art justice.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Edit... double post. Sorry!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
beautiful Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
I don't recall ever posting this one here. This was a commission done by Sarah Wilkinson a while back. As with most sketches, the scan doesn't do the art justice.

Wow SBelcher Eek that's really nice Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post