Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

So, If no one else joins cardtalk, you should get it in the next 9 years!

Thats comforting. Roll Eyes Big Grin

I think you should say who has stolen the box and then we will not deal with them.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to receive both mystery boxes whilst they were still going and in both cases I didn't send them on to someone I traded regularly with. I had to ask for the addresses of both receivees from Barobehere. I think I had traded with one of them once. I tried to look at the cards that were in the box and go by what people had posted about on Cardtalk that they liked so that when the person opened the box they would have something to take out.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brandocles:
I dont know about that Lara,ive been a card talk member for almost three years,i dont think some of us who aren;t good buddys in here will ever see it,

I think it's a bit sad that you feel this way - It was never meant to be something that everybody had to get - even if it had been passed every week only 52 or 104 (A&B) would have got it (assuming no one got both boxes). At least somebody thought of a mystery box, others won't if people critise because they didn't get it. If you haven't traded with somebody you won't have an address - it's all down to a bit of luck in that the person who has the box knows your address and CHOSES to send it to you - Chill

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know that this wont help too much, but you were on my list, at the top to send it to, after I received Box A! Thumb Up

Due to my lack of income at the time, funds were limited, ad I could only afford to send it to a person in the same country as me. I know that person received it, because he e-mailed me, and thanked me for it.

As for the cirlces on this board, yes there is one, and no its not fun to be left out of it. I feel sorry for you Brandocles. Now if only I have send the box to you, would it still be going on now? Confused

Chris

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone Wave

I wanted to let you all know that "BOX B" is going out today to the next recipient. Big Grin Dance

I also wanted to put in my 2 cents on the recent string of posts here:

First, I'd like to thank Gilgle for actually sending the box to me, and of course a HUGE THANK YOU to barobehere for starting the whole mystery box thing! Clap I have traded with somewhere between 1/3 & 1/2 of the CardTalk members over the past 3 years, so lord knows my address was floating out there for any who may have wanted it, but I never expected to recieve either box. I always figured that if I did it would be a "Bonus" in life. As has been said, before, this isn't a popularity contest, but I see it as more of a perk for those who trade regularly and who are members on this board. I recieved the box from someone who I have traded with a few times, and I am sending it to another member with whom I have traded a few times. I have never met either of them in person-they are just fellow hobby-ists. As I recall, there have even been a couple of members who ran a lottery to determine who would recieve the box next (I think this was BIll Z), which was an incredibly fair way of going about it. Thumb Up

In short, this was set up to be fun and friendly, and a great way to suprise someone who we traders/collectors have had good dealings with. I find it saddening Shake Head that some of you out there appear to be taking it personally that you haven't recieved the Mystery Box yet. Twak

I have always thought that the whole idea of the box was very self-less and kind Angel, and I really hope that it stays that way. Wavey

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
I'd send the box only to another girl. Is that elitest enough for you Wink

So, if I get it, it's not going to any of you icky, stinky boys!

heee, ewww! Boys have cooties!!!!

just kidding guys...but I absolutely couldn't resist!! Big Grin

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well hammer,thats easy for you to say,youve got one of the boxes,and i noticed a few post asking for somebody to send it to you,so i guess im not allowed to ask,just you,And Chris Byrne,Dont worry about me ever trading anything with you agian,i dont care how bad i need a card,your smart comment about if i was to get the box,would it still be going on,that was very low,and i no longer want anything to do with you,i will never ask agian about the box,because when i do,it upsets everybody,but other people can make comments but me,sorry im a ***,

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not in any way was my comment I made a suppose to be a smart one.

It was just an observation, saying that maybe if I had sent it to someone else, like you, we would still have both boxes. I know that you are not a bad person, who is going to hold it for ransom! I was only saying that you are not a bad person, and that its not your fault.

Dont get me wrong, I like trading with you, and all others on here. The comment was not ment to come across as rude or offfensive to you.

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Byrne,

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
As for the cirlces on this board, yes there is one, and no its not fun to be left out of it. I feel sorry for you Brandocles. Now if only I have send the box to you, would it still be going on now? Confused
Chris

This bit there, I meant that if I had sent the box to you, perhaps the two boxes would still be continuing. I did not mean for it to sound as if it is your fault a disagreement has occurred and that you are lower than anyone else.

I hope that you understand.
Chris

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
ok, I really am sick of the "circles" comments that seem to be prevalent in some peoples minds. The proceeding comments are directed at those people who have not received the boxes and are complaining about it with the use of the term circles:

I would like each person who thinks there is a circle to list the members in said circle. I guarantee each one of you would have my name in that list. Well guess what people, I have not received a box, and I doubt I will either, but you know what? I DONT CARE. Its a game. A fun little thing. If you guys got the boxes would you send them to me? I know the answer. NO YOU WOULDNT. Because you have other people you are more friendly with that would get it. Thats fine with me, why is it not fine with you?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
I don't know about that, I don't consider myself of being in a circle (I am gone for periods of time) and I don't trade that much, but I did receive it. That's something to think about Big Grin

Nah, you're not Wink IMO.

The one major player in the "clique" I used to think existed, isn't here. Everyone who thinks there is a clique has their own views on who is in it.
My view used to include Dan (sorry), but nowadays I don't really think it's as buddy-buddy as it used to be. Probably because the main person isn't here anymore. Or probably because I don't really care. Razz

Every Forum has their own "circle of friends" and newer people that come along may notice it and think there is favouritsm among the members and suddenly feel excluded from everything going on around them. You may have been a member here for 3 years and still feel as if you're on the outside, but with so many members here how do you know you're not already part of another 'circle'?

I've been here 3 years and in that time have come across people i didn't like, some i never wanted to trade with again, yet just as many others who have helped me out alot and who I have helped. From there I have found my own small group of people I like to trade with and chat to often.

There are circles everywhere.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wish i could reply to that,but like i said i will no longer post anything about it,after this,

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've just run round and round the garden so i guess i am in my own circle. Big Grin

If anyone would like to join my circle i run round the garden on a regular basis. Everyone is welcome. Wave

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
I've just run round and round the garden so i guess i am in my own circle. Big Grin

If anyone would like to join my circle i run round the garden on a regular basis. Everyone is welcome. Wave

Why? Won't your wife let you off the lead tied to a post? Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

sorry, I do my own running around in a circle. It's called mowing the lawn. I can't wait until I get a real job!

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:
quote:

sorry, I do my own running around in a circle. It's called mowing the lawn. I can't wait until I get a real job!

I really don't like that job! Would you care to do mine? Razz

Chris Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nope, I got an acre of my own, and that's enough! Smile

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:

nope, I got an acre of my own, and that's enough! Smile

You should see a doctor about that. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure the doctor is the one to help. I'm seeing my realtor, but we just can't agree! Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
First I want to say that although I find it very uncool the entire contents of the mystery box could have been kept at any time and the note inside clearly stated that this was okay. The only catch was that Barobehere wanted the list of names back so that he could see where the box had been. Barobehere has stated that the last known holder of the box has refused to return the paperwork and has even taken more money from Barobehere without sending anything back in return. There is a thief among us. Why beat around the bush. There is a thief and they are still posting on Card Talk. Let’s not cry over this and move on.

Second: I was about to start another Mystery Box but this squabbling has gotten out of control. The saddest part is that I was going to send the box to Brandocles who was generous to me in past trading. I cannot believe the hissy fit that is being thrown over getting the mystery box. There are several members of this board who have been on Card Talk for several years and still haven’t gotten the box. It is okay. They are just cards. It is not worth ruining your time here.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post