Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Unlike the rest of you in your tight-knit little world (UK to US) amazingly things take longer than a couple of days to get from this side of the planet to the other.

Why do you *always* have to take things so personally?

Amazingly I wasn't after spoiling your surprise, I was just concerned about the whereabouts of the box. It might help if you stopped jumping up and down on people when they try and be friendly and helpful, because in future they simply might not bother again.

Frown

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
as good as an idea that this is, its kinda straining the kinda friendshipt, mutual relationship here.

to quote rev. lovejoys wife, and moe.

"The children, wont somebody please think of the children" :P

I think the sendee should be a secret, but maybe xSaBx should just email Star and ask where its gone, therfore not announcing to the world :P

But after travelling in Australia, it does take ages to send things, but come on, people must know that sending something half way round the world wont be instant :P i'd expect a box, goin g airmail would take probably 1-2 weeks and over land probably about 3-4weeks? maybe, not sure on the actual times.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Neil, I would say it is longer than that, I have sent stuff surface mail to the UK that took 6-8 weeks, I think, going surface from Australia would take a heck of a lot longer than that! That is, if the box even survives (personal experience, just ask wolfie about surface mail!)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Neil, I would say it is longer than that, I have sent stuff surface mail to the UK that took 6-8 weeks, I think, going surface from Australia would take a heck of a lot longer than that! That is, if the box even survives (personal experience, just ask wolfie about surface mail!)

Can take up to 10 - 18 weeks to go surface to and from Australia. I know once I brought a box of the cards from US and was feeling too stingy to pay for speedier shipping and it took 4 months LOL. Now I am not so stingy Smile

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I believe that Sarah, 10 to 18 weeks sounds about right! I have had packages from the UK, and Germany take that long too, although that is rare. But I can certainly see 3 months being the norm for surface mail to/from Australia (I could probably get a package to the moon quicker!) and I beleive that Star is in Tasmania too, so add another week! LOL

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
lol.

dont think anything has taken that long, though i am waiting on some cards from star Razz

But as long as people trade, there will be postal services to charge, and sometimes lose, the cards :/

maybe we could put a little homing beacon in, and we can check where it is :P which has brought a good idea to my head.

Aswell as having the list of people who have recieved it in the box, we should have some sort of map, where we can plot where it has been. I am up for making it, etc, if others see it as a good idea.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Neil;
We would have to fold it.
Then put a sticker on it, saying your nale.
Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
anyone got a spare GPS locator to throw in there??? Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
no i dont mean in the box chris Big Grin i mean on the internet so we can keep track of it, like UPS, but less organised, and less technical Big Grin

ill make one in photoshop Big Grin

notice anything under my name??? :P

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I knew that Wink
I was just testing.

Your idea seems to be good, I would like to see a finished product.
Good luck -- Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
yeah im doing it.

okay my little side project of the box is coming along nicely, i just need certain things.

mainly WHERE DOES DOBBY LIVE??? Big Grin cos i dont have a place on my map for under the stairs :/ Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Did I mention anywhere that I sent it surface?
What did I say on page 17?
And don't ask me what date I sent it. I can't remember.
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
As well as having the list of people who have recieved it in the box, we should have some sort of map, where we can plot where it has been. I am up for making it, etc, if others see it as a good idea.

That'd be good. Anyone have one of those giant maps of the world stuck on their bedroom/office wall? Razz
Although, keeping up with the times I gather the map would want to be online so everyone can see it Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
well the words "da daaaaaa" spring to mind.

some things about my map, the places arent perfect, because this map is seriously screwed, in terms of dimensions, so one plave that is in indiana, looks like its in northen canada, Twak

ill put some facts next to it, and draw some lines :P etc etc, but for now, its a nice little graph, sort of. ill post it in a minute or two.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
Okay, so i have missed out people like dobby, csi dave etc, since they havent put were there from on there nsu
location thing, so i just added some miles Big Grin

I have added both boxes together, easier that way.
Also a fact, this box(es) has nearly travelled round the world, distance around the world = 24,000 miles, but by the
time they both get to where there going, that will be once around the world.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks great!
Thanks for this Neil.

Chris Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's very good, they should put the map in a future copy of the magazine - maybe when it's got a few more lines on it.

LW

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
that would be cool if it was in nsu, this whole thing should be in nsu, though they would have to redo the map, better, or i could do it again :P

just nice to see where its been, and well the UK will just be one massive green blob soon :P

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Nice map, Neil!
Smile

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
just nice to see where its been, and well the UK will just be one massive green blob soon :P

I guess if it ended up in the mag they would have to do one of those insert magnification square thingies, otherwise you're right there would just be a green spot where the UK should be. Smile

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've got a feeling there will be one white spot where I live Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post