Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Show Returns
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Veronica Mars" with Kristen Bell is coming back, on Hulu

Posts: 2253 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Mad About You" is confirmed to return, fall 2019

But not on NBC. Instead on some channel called Spectrum

Has anyone heard of this network ? Not me.

Posts: 2253 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only Spectrum I know is the phone/cable company, so perhaps they are going into their own production and distribution channel. Why not? Everybody and their brother now has a network and all we have to do as viewers is subscribe to them all and watch our bills go up. Big Grin

Posts: 6905 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is a new station called "Spectrum Originals", premiering sometime in 2019

They also have a cop show called "L.A.'s Finest" with Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union coming. Looks like the same old stuff, not very original material. Just women with guns.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I looked this up and the changes in company names and subsidiaries is crazy, but Spectrum Originals is part of the same group that was Spectrum cable in NY. Spectrum was being forced out of NY over money, so other carriers like Verizon and AT&T and Optimum are trying to take over the market.

This one is actually Charter Spectrum and the parent company of it all seems to be an outfit called Charter Communications, which has a somewhat checkered past. I guess the FCC is supposed to keep track of all this, but I wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 6905 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is very confusing. One article seemed to suggest that Spectrum Originals was going to launch in May 2019 with "L.A.'s Finest", but maybe it is already available.

That's why I watch so little TV ! Who has the time? Not me.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I watch news, "American Pickers," the occasional science show, football, basketball, and late night talk shows. Sometimes, someone comes on "Colbert" or "Seth Myers" and she's talking about Season 3 of a show I've never heard of.

Posts: 745 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now they're bringing back "Punky Brewster", the 1984-1988 show, with Soleil Moon Frye returning

This will actually be a continuation of the original show, with her now as an adult, and a little girl of her own.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post