Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
From June 4th, Steve Priest, bassist of 70's glam rock heroes SWEET, best known for their hits "Bar Room Blitz" and "Little Willy". This is a sticker card from an early 70's Panini Pop Stars set, die-cut and meant to be stuck in an album. Steve is the cool cat wearing glasses.

May they all rest in peace.
As catskilleagle has already pointed out their record was 'Ballroom Blitz' but here in the UK they were also best known for 'Blockbuster'. I used to watch them on Top of the Pops back in the 70s and had to look up 'Little Willy' on YouTube as I couldn't remember it at all. The other two though ..... Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_sCVLsejc

Great band - other hits were "love is like oxygen", "Fox on the run" and "wig wam bam".

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Forces Sweetheart, Dame Vera Lynn has passed away aged 103 Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-13118290

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does she have any cards? Or is she just a famous person?

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:

Oops, sorry Bill. I should have posted this on the other Obituaries thread Twak . Though it would surprise me if she hadn't appeared on some kind of trading card at some point in the last 80 years or so. Possibly a cigarette card in the 40s or 50s Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ian Holm, 88

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Ian Holm, 88

Let me fix that for you.

Ian Holm, the classically trained Shakespearean actor best known to film audiences for his performances in films including the “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” movies, “Chariots of Fire” and “Alien,” has died. He was 88. The actor had been battling Parkinson’s disease for a number of years.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Joel Schumacher passed away on June 22. He directed two Batman movies in the 90's among other projects. This is his autograph card from Batman and Robin (Fleer/Skybox, 1997)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Linda Cristal has died, see my comment in the other obituaries thread.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops, sorry Bill. I should have posted this on the other Obituaries thread Twak . Though it would surprise me if she hadn't appeared on some kind of trading card at some point in the last 80 years or so. Possibly a cigarette card in the 40s or 50s Smile

More recently. She was in the Music, Music, Music cut signatures set of 2012.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More recently. She was in the Music, Music, Music cut signatures set of 2012. That was a 1/1, but she's also in the 1977 Edito-Service World War 2 Edition: [URL=

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More recently. She was in the Music, Music, Music cut signatures set of 2012. That was a 1/1, but she's also
in the 1977 Edito-Service World War 2 Edition:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More recently. She was in the Music, Music, Music cut signatures set of 2012. That was a 1/1, but she's also
in the 1977 Edito-Service World War 2 Edition:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, this sucks.

Carl Reiner has died at age 98. He was in the Dick Van **** show, in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World", the Ocean's 11/12 etc series of movies, and was buddies with Mel Brooks for a long long time. A funny guy.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was in the Dick Van **** show,

Interesting about the software censoring.

Too bad there aren't enough clips remaining from "Your Show of Shows".

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
He was in the Dick Van **** show,

Interesting about the software censoring.

Could have been **** Van **** show. Wink

Sorry, couldn't pass it up. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was sorry to hear of Carl Reiner's passing too. When I was a kid in the 70's, he was already a comedy legend as a writer ("Your Show of Shows"), creator/actor ("The Dick Van **** Show"), and comedian ("The 2000 Year Old Man"). He directed movies after that including some of Steve Martin's early ones ("The Jerk," "Dean Men Don't Wear Plaid"). Martin talked about him like a second father in his autobiography, "Born Standing Up" (2007). Reiner was a gentleman of another time who lived in our time.

The card below is from the "The Right to Remain Silent" promo set (1996, Republic Entertainment, Inc.).

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Hugh Downs, 99

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hugh Downs, 99

Can you post a card of him?

British actor Earl Cameron has died, age 102.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Musician Charlie Daniels has died, age 83. He got his start writing songs for Elvis in the 1960s.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hugh Downs, 99

"We'll be in touch, so you'll be in touch."

He'd been in the business for a long time by the time I became familiar with him on the 1980's ABC newsmagazine series, "20/20", which I loved watching as a (weird) kid.

Rest in peace, Hugh Downs.
Cheers to his long life.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post