Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Peter Sallis, who was the voice of Wallace in the Wallace and Gromit animated films, has died at age 96.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glenne Headly, who held her own against Michael Caine and Steve Martin in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," has died at age 62.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Sad news and very unexpected news. It was a pulmonary embolism, so quite sudden, and just terrible for her family and those she was currently working with on a Hulu series.

Loved her in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", one of my favorite movies. The last thing I saw her in was "The Night Of" on HBO. She was flawless n her role, as usual.

Nice tribute there from the Dick Tracy Topps trading card set, truly one of the first deluxe non-sports sets, with the beautiful high gloss white stock base cards needed to really show off the movie's groundbreaking color schemes.

Breathless Mahony is OK, but give me Tess Trueheart any day.

Rest in peace, Glenne. Condolences to her family, friends, and fans...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Headley was what you would call an actor's actor. People in the craft thought she was fantastic, but she never quite made it as a star that could carry a film. She had a couple of star turns before settling into the supporting actor category. Even at that, she made every scene she was in better for her presence.

Yeah I liked the lady and was very sorry to hear of her passing.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Stephen Furst has passed away

I met him ages ago at William Campbell's Fantasticon in L.A.

This was one of the Best Conventions I ever attended or worked. Stephen Furst was as warm and friendly as anyone could hope for.

Every single Q & A started with his favorite Non B-5 Line.... Oh boy is this great!

Today isn't Great but our memories are...

I'm Tired of Losing all these actors I grew up with.

it Sucks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmlnltVzksg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtF_PCAsN2U

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kryten67:
Stephen Furst has passed away

Shocking news, shocked when I've just read this on Facebook.

Ditto met him at a Con a few years ago, seemed like a very nice go.

RIP Stephen Angel

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill Dana, a comedian who played a character named "Jose Jimenez" during the early days of NASA, has died at age 92.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Henry Deutschendorf, one of two twins who played the baby "Oscar" in Ghostbusters 2, has died .

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Skip Homeier, who played roles in two different episodes of the original Star Trek, died on June 25.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
It's been reported that 'Diamonds Are Forever' actor/stuntman Joe Robinson has passed away, aged 90.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nelsan Ellis, only 39 years old, of heart failure. Best known as LaFayette on "True Blood".

This one is from Rittenhouse:

Marco of 258West also made a nice signature card of him and a few other True Blood co-stars before the official Rittenhouse set was made.

Frown

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
George A. Romero, director of Night of the Living Dead, died today, age 77. I expect to see him return soon, shambling around and seeking brains.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Martin Landau R.I.P.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
John Heard passed away at 72, no cause of death yet.

He had at least one autograph card in the Battlestar Galactic series.

Heard was a fine young actor that got derailed as a star later on. He did continue to work in movies and TV though. He had a big part in the Sopranos, but was a familiar face in many shows. I really liked his soft spoken voice, which is what I will remember most.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

He was also Kevin's father in Home Alone.

And was nominated for an Emmy for his role in The Sopranos.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
June Foray, voice of Rocket J. Squirrel and hundreds of other animated characters, died yesterday at age 99.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Robert Hardy died today at age 91. RIP.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
County singer Glenn Campbell died at 81.

Not sure if he's on any country music cards

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glen Campbell was on card 134 of Country Gold [Series 2]-Sterling 1993

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Glen Campbell was on card 134 of Country Gold [Series 2]-Sterling 1993

So why not embed the picture?

Or maybe one of his other cards . . . .