Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Astronaut and Air Force Brigadier General James McDivitt, who flew on Gemini 4 and Apollo 9, passed away October 13 at age 93.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He must've been among the last of the early astronauts. Buzz Aldrin is still with us. A friend used to write to them when he was a kid in the 60's and 70's and he received autographs from many of them - still has his collection.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Several of the Gemini astronauts are still around -- Jim Lovell, Frank Borman, Thomas Stafford, David Scott, Aldrin.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Leslie Jordan has died from injuries in a car wreck, age 67.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Musician Jerry Lee Lewis has died at age 87. I had prepared this post yesterday, but initial reports of his death were retracted.

Rock and Roll is about sex. Anyone who says different should watch The Killer, ca. 1957.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Jeff Cook 1949-2022

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was noted in the "Obituaries" thread with a link to a photo of a card but pop singer Aaron Carter passed away November 5 at the age of 34. Here's a clearer image of that "Shake N Bake" card (thanks, David) which is heat activated. You see the singer in silhouette but you can see him more clearly after you hold your hand on the front of the card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Ron Masak passed away on Oct 20, only 9 days after Angela Lansbury, with whom he appeared on Murder She Wrote as Sherriff Metzger. He was 86.

Actor Leslie Phillips, who voiced the sorting hat in the Harry Potter movies, died Nov. 7 at age 98.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember Ron Masak. He was another one of those actors who appeared in numerous TV shows in the 70's and 80's. He was in an episode of "Land of the Lost."

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kevin Conroy, who has been doing the Animated Batman voice for 30 years, has passed away at 66.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Comedian Gallagher has passed away, at age 76 (or 78, depending on the source).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As Raven mentioned elsewhere, Robert Clary, age 96, has passed away. Being Jewish, he spent much of WW2 held in German concentration camps.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I liked that show. He did a signing at a local Warner Brothers Studio Store back in 1998 and there was a promo for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Kevin Conroy, who has been doing the Animated Batman voice for 30 years, has passed away at 66.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about Robert Clary too. I'm much younger than Bill so I watched "Hogan's Heroes" only as afternoon reruns in the 70's.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I'm much younger than Bill

Rub it in, why don't you . . .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill noted that Kymberly Herrin has passed away in the Obituaries thread. Yeah, she was famous for that scene in "Ghostbusters" but she also lives forever as a "ZZ Top girl" for a whole generation who watched MTV videos all day and stopped everything to catch the "World Premieres."

I found a couple of images of a card elsewhere online but this is the best one.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think you should post the other side of this card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I did see the front. It shows more of her front than Card Talk allows.

Maybe someone should create a ZZ Top Video card set.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I think you should post the other side of this card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nicki Aycox has died of leukemia at the far too young age of 47. Rest in peace...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post