Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought it was Dave Stevens who found her.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Greg Theakston has passed. He was a comics artist, and friend of and collaborator with Jack Kirby. The wikipedia article on him does not do justice to his interest in Bettie Page -- it was Theakston who was responsible for much of the revival of public interest in her late years, and who found her and alerted her to her fandom.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Country Musician Jim Glaser died earlier this month. He was 81.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP peter Mathew

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
RIP peter Mathew

Mayhew passed away Tuesday.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Barbara Perry has passed away at 97.

In addition to her Twilight Zone role, she had acting credits from 1933 all the way to 2017.
Rest in peace.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Peggy Lipton, star of "The Mod Squad" and "Twin Peaks" at age 72.

I picked up this one from "Alias" in case I could never get a Twin Peaks autograph:

But luckily Rittenhouse gave us another chance at it:

In the new series that spurred the card set, her character Norma Jennings and Big Edd Hurley finally ended up together in what was one of the most beautiful moments in the entire series going back to the start.

Peggy, of course, came to fame over 50 years ago on the "Mod Squad" TV series with the classic Topps trading card set that accompanied it:

Rest in peace, Peggy Lipton...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The legendary Doris Day at 97, of pneumonia.

Her last movie, "With Six You Get Eggroll" was released over 50 years ago, but she's remained a beloved figure to this day. Beyond her movies and music, she'd long been a patron saint of our four-legged friends with her various charitable animal foundations.

"Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see..."

Rest in peace, Doris Day.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Doris Day has passed away. There are so few real film stars left these days, it is always sad when another one goes. There's a nice piece about her on the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-48257670

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And now Tim Conway has died, age 85. No one has ever been funnier on TV than when he was on the Carol Burnett Show.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He was indeed a funny, funny man.

Here's his 2003 Inkworks "Scooby Doo Myteries and Monsters" autograph card.

Rest in peace, Tim Conway.
Thanks for all the laughs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last time I saw Peggy Lipton was on an episode of "Rules of Engagement," a funny show that ran for several seasons and ended about five years ago. She played the hippie mom of Oliver Hudson's character, sort of spoofing her "Mod Squad" role.

Anyway, I was at a flea market about ten years ago and I saw a photo of the "Mod Squad" cast in a small frame. It looked like some kind of promo thing so I bought it - only two bucks. It turned out to be just an old but still glossy magazine clipping. I put it on my younger brother's fridge and he noticed it immediately. He just said, "Cool."

His girlfriend at the time, who is about 15-16 years younger than me, noticed it too and asked me who they were. I replied, pointing at them one-by-one, "They're old friends of our dad. That's my Uncle Pete, Uncle Linc, Aunt Julie, and everybody called him, 'The Captain." She nodded, said "Oh" and went on her way. I think she knows who Aretha Franklin is, though.

We'll miss you, Peg.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Paul Darrow, best known as Avon in Blake's 7 has passed away at the age of 78:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-48501099

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:

Was he on any cards? Or just an actor?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevin F:

He appeared on cards in the various Blake's 7 sets released by Unstoppable. Unfortunately, I still haven't got around to setting up a new online image account since Photobucket went all commercial or I would have posted an example.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

From the box breakdown section:-

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Her was also on a Blakes Seven Promo as below

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Artist Keith Birdsong, who was known for his Star Trek illustrations, has died .

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Billy Drago, known to many of us for the cool inscriptions he did on his Charmed autograph cards, has passed.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was reported that Max Wright, who may be best known as the dad on "Alf," has passed away. I know him better as the often-insulted boss of Norm MacDonald's character on the late 90's sitcom, "Norm."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Billy Drago, known to many of us for the cool inscriptions he did on his Charmed autograph cards, has passed.

He kept the party going with a little something extra all the way up to 2014's Cryto "Supernatural" set:

Rest in peace, sir, though it be your job to now menace angels...

See Billy in Takashi Miike's 2006 short film, "Imprint" from the "Masters of Horror" series, if you dare. Still one of the most beautifully disturbing tales ever committed to film.