Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Arrested Development by Cryptozoic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrested Development by Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
ive never been this excited for a card release before. huge fan of the show. hoping some pictures of the autographs as well as confirmation on who is signing will come soon!

Posts: 2 | Location: hamilton | Registered: January 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The licence was announced in October 2014 and we still know as little about the release as we did back then.

Hopefully they get moving on this, otherwise this release looks likely to be another Breaking Bad.

Posts: 26 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The set is slated for a Spring 2016 release, but so are about 7 other titles from CZE.

If it comes out fine, if it doesn't, that's fine too. My attention span lasts only so long these days. Wink

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just checked the trading cards page of their website and Cryptozoic has 12 releases scheduled from now to "Q2" of this year, yet they only had 9 releases total for all of 2015. So I think we may be waiting quite a while for some of these sets.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it keeps getting pushed back, hopefully they can delay it long enough to include some content from the new series that is on the way.

Posts: 26 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poita:
If it keeps getting pushed back, hopefully they can delay it long enough to include some content from the new series that is on the way.

That might depend on who their licensing deal is with.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
If this is happening I'm so excited!! Elephant

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally some action on this set, albeit with some very weak signers announced. Hopefully the main cast are announced soon.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poita:
albeit with some very weak signers announced

Ouch, yes.

Also interesting to note that autographs will be 1:16 instead of 1:24, so two in every three boxes will have two autos in it.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cancelled?

It's been removed from Crypto's cards page.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Cancelled?

It's been removed from Crypto's cards page.

From the product page with all the box photos, yes I believe it was there and now it isn't.

But if it's not coming out, no one has told the distributers yet. Arrested Development is still down as a July release by CZE's authorized dealers as far as I can tell right now.

This set has been delayed for so long, nothing would surprise me. Maybe they just lost track of it. Big Grin

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heh, it was never coming out in July. I always assumed it, like Orphan Black, would be bumped to Q3. But last time they removed something from the product page, it was cancelled.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Crypto tweeted a Arrested Development quote today, so it would seem they're still doing something...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe they're just changing the was it's going to be released. Maybe it's going to be one of those premium box set collection thingees. Smile

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Maybe they're just changing the was it's going to be released. Maybe it's going to be one of those premium box set collection thingees. Smile

Could be a configuration change indeed. Maybe something significant changed with what they were going to have available in hit terms.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There appears to be some notification that the Arrested Development cards have been officially cancelled.

I'm not surprised, I wonder how far Crypto ever got with this title?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was looking at an online seller's listings and noticed that four Arrested Development autograph cards were for sale. I had not heard about any cards appearing in the wild before. The seller is saying that were unreleased.

Posts: 4357 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if signed cards from other cast members exist.

Posts: 2192 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
The seal on Reinhold is interesting. I don't believe I have any cryptozoic sigs with that.

Except for Wasserman the other three have signed for other products. I think if I were the seller I would post a photo of the backs as well.

I don't see $400 here.

Posts: 4842 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post