Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Arrested Development by Cryptozoic

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/9927045086

January 31, 2016, 11:13 AM
jeff102380
Arrested Development by Cryptozoic
ive never been this excited for a card release before. huge fan of the show. hoping some pictures of the autographs as well as confirmation on who is signing will come soon!
January 31, 2016, 05:14 PM
poita
The licence was announced in October 2014 and we still know as little about the release as we did back then.

Hopefully they get moving on this, otherwise this release looks likely to be another Breaking Bad.
January 31, 2016, 09:43 PM
Raven
The set is slated for a Spring 2016 release, but so are about 7 other titles from CZE.

If it comes out fine, if it doesn't, that's fine too. My attention span lasts only so long these days. Wink
February 01, 2016, 03:33 AM
Logan
I just checked the trading cards page of their website and Cryptozoic has 12 releases scheduled from now to "Q2" of this year, yet they only had 9 releases total for all of 2015. So I think we may be waiting quite a while for some of these sets.
February 02, 2016, 06:46 PM
poita
If it keeps getting pushed back, hopefully they can delay it long enough to include some content from the new series that is on the way.
February 03, 2016, 09:08 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by poita:
If it keeps getting pushed back, hopefully they can delay it long enough to include some content from the new series that is on the way.

That might depend on who their licensing deal is with.
February 03, 2016, 10:07 PM
TC00
If this is happening I'm so excited!! Elephant
February 07, 2016, 06:17 PM
poita
Finally some action on this set, albeit with some very weak signers announced. Hopefully the main cast are announced soon.
February 08, 2016, 11:17 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by poita:
albeit with some very weak signers announced

Ouch, yes.

Also interesting to note that autographs will be 1:16 instead of 1:24, so two in every three boxes will have two autos in it.
May 30, 2016, 10:10 AM
ravenheart
Cancelled?

It's been removed from Crypto's cards page.
May 30, 2016, 10:54 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Cancelled?

It's been removed from Crypto's cards page.

From the product page with all the box photos, yes I believe it was there and now it isn't.

But if it's not coming out, no one has told the distributers yet. Arrested Development is still down as a July release by CZE's authorized dealers as far as I can tell right now.

This set has been delayed for so long, nothing would surprise me. Maybe they just lost track of it. Big Grin
May 31, 2016, 08:08 AM
ravenheart
Heh, it was never coming out in July. I always assumed it, like Orphan Black, would be bumped to Q3. But last time they removed something from the product page, it was cancelled.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were.
June 01, 2016, 02:44 AM
Scifi Cards
Crypto tweeted a Arrested Development quote today, so it would seem they're still doing something...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

June 01, 2016, 10:57 AM
Logan
Maybe they're just changing the was it's going to be released. Maybe it's going to be one of those premium box set collection thingees. Smile
June 02, 2016, 11:29 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Maybe they're just changing the was it's going to be released. Maybe it's going to be one of those premium box set collection thingees. Smile

Could be a configuration change indeed. Maybe something significant changed with what they were going to have available in hit terms.
July 07, 2016, 11:37 AM
Raven
There appears to be some notification that the Arrested Development cards have been officially cancelled.

I'm not surprised, I wonder how far Crypto ever got with this title?
June 22, 2023, 10:49 PM
catskilleagle
I was looking at an online seller's listings and noticed that four Arrested Development autograph cards were for sale. I had not heard about any cards appearing in the wild before. The seller is saying that were unreleased.

June 23, 2023, 03:11 AM
Bill Mullins
I wonder if signed cards from other cast members exist.
June 23, 2023, 06:15 AM
mykdude
The seal on Reinhold is interesting. I don't believe I have any cryptozoic sigs with that.

Except for Wasserman the other three have signed for other products. I think if I were the seller I would post a photo of the backs as well.

I don't see $400 here.