Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You would have thought that George would have picked up on that ? Or maybe not, as it has been 50 years since YOLT. Not sure how old he is now.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Great detective work. Looking at all the links provided the image on the Astronaut card is definitely Paul Carson and not Roubicek.

Not being a card I was chasing, I for one totally missed the error. I imagine many others have as well given the pic is not a traditional 'face-shot'.

You can say you still have an authentic autograph but I can't/don't want such cards in my collection. They're just WRONG.

...and they always remind me of the scene in the Simpsons where Comic Book Guy is trying to sell a "rare photograph of Sean Connery, signed by Roger Moore." Big Grin

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sean Connery has been spotted around New York City so often these days, attending the U.S. Open and just shopping around Manhattan with his wife. If someone happens to see him, they should try to get his auto on a Rittenhouse Bond card, which would make it better than the "cut" auto for this set. Just a thought ! Smile

At the U.S. Open, they played the Bond theme and put him on the big screen, and he smiled and waved.

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post