Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

...So do Bond card collectors think $250 is a fair price for a dual signature card of two deceased greats? And would card collectors like to see rare cards from other products turn up in direct sales after a reasonable time?

...Any thoughts on the subject?

The current value of the card is around £80($100), I cannot see how a dealer will be able to sell one for much more than that. Roger and Richard signed plenty of cards in the past, and so most dedicated collectors will already have their autographs, or can pick them up relatively cheaply.

Offering the cards for $250 therefore is not going to affect the secondary market, it not like they are undercutting someone's business, I doubt they will sell any though.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
People can say they think a card is worth whatever they like, they can also put it up for sale at whatever they like but both these things have no bearing on what you can actually sell the card for, that ( as allways ) is just down to what people are willing to pay.

You can look at all sales of this card and this does still not tell you how much the card is worth, or should be worth, but it will give you the best information on how much you should pay for one or what you should expect if you choose to sell one.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seem to be more Connery cut autos appearing for less than $ 2000, and the ones higher than that are not selling.

Just an observation.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never really kept track of the Bond autographs and was wondering if they have had any other singers besides Lulu/

Posts: 21 | Location: Newcastle | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Dratho, Nancy Sinatra signed a few years ago, and I think Sheena Easton has signed

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Is there a definitive list anywhere of all the autos produced so far?

Posts: 21 | Location: Newcastle | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
'X' has been keeping tabs on all the Bond autograph cards on page 15 here:-
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....353/m/704101672/p/15

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any kind of system behind their numbering of the autographs or is it just random?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I think it is largely who they could get at the time. The first release (40th Anniversary) had autograph cards numbered A1-A23, subsequent numbers followed as they released more sets.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I think it is largely who they could get at the time. The first release (40th Anniversary) had autograph cards numbered A1-A23, subsequent numbers followed as they released more sets.

Yes, that's right. Rittenhouse simply carried on sequentially, with every new person agreeing to sign being given the next number in the series.
Interestingly, from that first Bond 40th Anniversary set from 2002, there are a whole string of cards which proceed in chronological order by film, so it looks like at one point Rittenhouse were thinking of trying to get one signer for each film. Ultimately, that proved impossible, but all for the better really, as it marked the beginning of the incredible collection of 40th Anniversary-style autograph cards we have today.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Connery cut auto sold the other day for $ 1500.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just noticed something odd on both the full bleed and anniversary style George Roubicek autograph cards from You Only Live Twice. The autographs are spot on across the board as well as his autos from The Spy Who Loved Me and Star Wars, but the photo that was used from YOLT is of another actor in the astronaut suit.

Compare the YOLT auto card against The Spy Who Loved Me auto cards and any autograph card from Star Wars and you’ll notice his features (lips and eyes) are quite distinct and not at all similar to the photo used for the YOLT auto cards. What do you think??

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You may be right. Is that photo one of the American astronauts or one of the Soviets ? I think the former

Then it may be actors Paul Carson or Bill Mitchell, according to IMDB.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think it IS him. Look at this auto by him, which is not on a card. Same photo

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page

http://jamesbondautographs.blogspot.com/2007/06/

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
David, you have just made me whizz through my YOLT DVD. Big Grin

Your link is helpful as it shows the expanded image of the astronaut, and more importantly the tether to the other spacewalking astronaut, so it most be the first USA capsule. The actors of the first capsule are listed in the end credits as Norman Jones and Paul Carson, so the image must be of Paul Carson.

You do get to see George in the second USA capsule towards the end of the film for about 3 seconds (one line of dialogue), easily missed, but he is quite recognizable.
So another Fail for Rittenhouse. Twak

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But then if that is the case, then in the link I sent, George signed a photo of someone else. Is that possible ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found a website that has pics and credits of all the actors in the film. The astronauts are all shown towards the top. I have no idea of the site's accuracy but the image shown on the Rittenhouse card is listed on the site as Paul Carson. Here's the link:

http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=21740

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow ! That really is some unique website, Logan. He must be a real fan of the film. Must have taken him a year to post pics of literally every person in YOLT. Very detailed information.

posted Hide Post
Not a complete failure by RA. The signature is 100% authentic; someone just used the wrong photo. I believe it also happened with the anniversary style auto card of Kenneth Tsang from Die Another Day.
Actor Vincent Wong's image was used on the card with Mr. Tsang's authentic signature.

Things happen. What are you going to do!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Rittenhouse Website Checklist for JB Final Edition shows the 40th Anniversary image for both cards for George Roubicek

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post