Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cubfan86:
Nevermind.
I see a certain someone is setting the market low. I think the Dinklage is worth more than $250. And some of the other Autos listed are not even 1/4 of a box price.
JMO

One of the companies that was pre-selling the Dinklage 6-case autograph had it for $240 and they must have (quickly) sold at least 6 of them at that price as they had two 18 case Archive boxes that I know of (and 36 cases equals 6 Dinklage cards).

The Ned Stark they had at $195, not much less than the Dinklage, and they would've had at least 12 of those to pre-sell. Apparently those sold pretty fast, too, as they weren't available for long.

In the long run, it seems the Ned Stark could be tougher autograph to acquire. Not only did he have a pretty solid fan following before Game of Thrones, but....

SPOILER ALERT: STOP READING IF YOU'VE NOT YET SEEN THE END OF SEASON 1 !!!!!

....due to his "exit" at the end of Season 1 will likely preclude him from signing for future release whereas Dinklage should be on the show for years to come and very likely could sign again for a future series, maybe even more than one.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Nevermind.
I see a certain someone is setting the market low. I think the Dinklage is worth more than $250. And some of the other Autos listed are not even 1/4 of a box price.
JMO

One of the companies that was pre-selling the Dinklage 6-case autograph had it for $240 and they must have (quickly) sold at least 6 of them at that price as they had two 18 case Archive boxes that I know of (and 36 cases equals 6 Dinklage cards).

The Ned Stark they had at $195, not much less than the Dinklage, and they would've had at least 12 of those to pre-sell. Apparently those sold pretty fast, too, as they weren't available for long.

In the long run, it seems the Ned Stark could be tougher autograph to acquire. Not only did he have a pretty solid fan following before Game of Thrones, but....

....due to his "exit" at the end of Season 1 will likely preclude him from signing for future release whereas Dinklage should be on the show for years to come and very likely could sign again for a future series, maybe even more than one.

So with what you just stated, why would the seller on Ebay be selling Dinklage at $250 and bean at $140. That ticks me off when someone is selling at a LOW price before the product is even released.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good thing about the way the autos have come out, it will mean arranging them in 9-pocket pages will work out nicely;

2x9 Bordered (upper limit)
2x9 Full-Bleed (upper limit) [same 18 autos]
1x9 Bordered (lower limit/case incentives)
1x6 3-Bordered/3-Full Bleed (lower limit) [same autos]

Not that I'm OCD or anything!

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All these autos, is hurting my chance for the Emilia Clarke auto. I have feeling I going to be pissed if I pull a Joffrey auto (hate him in the show).

Posts: 2 | Location: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a similar email from Steve with one big additional note.
GAME OF THRONES IS SOLD OUT AT RITTENHOUSE!!
This is good news

If these cards are actually sold out, Rittenhouse should note that on its website. There is no indication on that website that the cards are sold out, and the Rittenhouse website would have let me order 20 cases if I had entered my credit card information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madcollector,

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Nevermind.
JMO

So with what you just stated, why would the seller on Ebay be selling Dinklage at $250 and bean at $140. That ticks me off when someone is selling at a LOW price before the product is even released.

He must have ordered enough to be able to set his prices as they are to make all his money back, and I would think, a decent profit. As certain ones sell, the prices do go up on them as he re-lists. The Maisie Williams were $29.99 initially but all sold quickly and the price is up to $39.99. I don't think they'll last too long at that price either. That kid can act and is a huge part of the show this year and likely for the forseeable future.

The fact that they're all pre-order cards usually does hamper purchases, otherwise, I think he'd be selling a lot more of them if he had them in hand at these prices. Pre-orders can sometimes be delayed and some people don't like paying for things in advance of their release.
With this set however, everything seems to be ready to go if the pictures are any indication plus Rittenhouse has been pretty good at hitting its release dates over the year, which is all the more impressive given their reliance on neither sticker autographs or redemption cards.

All that said, I do think the seller has his prices too low on the ones listed, and I couldn't resist picking up a trio of nice cards for $49 delivered. I got the border versionz of Baelish aka Littlefinger, Varys the Spider, and Theon Greyjoy, the "Prince of Winterfell", three of my favorite characters.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
I got a similar email from Steve with one big additional note.
GAME OF THRONES IS SOLD OUT AT RITTENHOUSE!!
This is good news

If these cards are actually sold out, Rittenhouse should note that on its website. There is no indication on that website that the cards are sold out, and the Rittenhouse website would have let me order 20 cases if I had entered my credit card information.

Cases are now sold out on Rittenhouse's site.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the case incentives be in those sealed toploaders they tend to use? I want my Ned to be reunited with the other Starks... in a plastic page! What to do?

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
Will the case incentives be in those sealed toploaders they tend to use? I want my Ned to be reunited with the other Starks... in a plastic page! What to do?

Rittenhouse incentives seem to always be in the sealed top loaders.

When it comes to a card that I fully intend on keeping in my collection forever, I never hesitate to take it out of the top loader, and put it in the binder to look pretty with the other cards. But if you see yourself selling the card in the near future, then you should probably keep it in the Rittenhouse top loader, as incentives usually sell better sealed.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I'll open this one up and add to the binder. I love the books as well as the series so doubt I'll ever let 'em go Smile

Really hoping the Tyrion cards won't rise to stupidly high amounts. The Big Bang effect has me nervous, still amazed at how high (and quickly) they rose... :O

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that people put valuable cards in plastic pages. I find that the corners of some of the cards invariable get dinged up by putting them in the pages. I have also had some cards on the outside top or bottom get damaged by the binder. I always put my valuable cards in one-screw holders or sleeves and topload holders.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really hoping the Tyrion cards won't rise to stupidly high amounts. The Big Bang effect has me nervous, still amazed at how high (and quickly) they rose... :O

For the most part, incentives tend to have a set rarity and a set price point from most sellers. With BBT, no one knew how many of each card were included in the run, and as a box pull the scarcity of the card's availability drove prices up. I think speculation will be a lot less for the incentive cards- I recommend trying to get them on auction right when the set comes out as the prices seem to be lowest then. If not, the prices shouldn't increase too much for awhile after release. It won't be until demand has been fulfilled and the market sees how much supply is left that the prices may start to climb. Again, I doubt this happening very soon or very fast though.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m surprised that people put valuable cards in plastic pages. I find that the corners of some of the cards invariable get dinged up by putting them in the pages.

That's true, but there's nothing like leafing through a binder full of gems, each page better than the last!

I think if you handle your binders carefully and remove them from and replace them carefully on the shelf, you can avoid most damage. But, absolutely, the lower and upper right corners of the binder do tend to be subject to more incidental damage, I avoid putting especially valuable cards in those two spaces, even if it means the cards aren't in the exact right "order". It's also a good idea to replace the pages every so often.

That said, I still have never been able to put my Iron Man Robert Downey Jr Autograph card into a card page, fearing some sort of damage to it. It must be one of my favorite cards as most of my other valuable cards are in pages, but not that one, it's in a top loader in plastic bag in a sturdy box!

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the dimensions of the shadowbox and die cut cards will be? For example, will they fit into a standard 2.5” x 3.5” topload holder or are they bigger than that? I can’t tell for the photo that Rittenhouse posted.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m surprised that people put valuable cards in plastic pages. I find that the corners of some of the cards invariable get dinged up by putting them in the pages. I have also had some cards on the outside top or bottom get damaged by the binder. I always put my valuable cards in one-screw holders or sleeves and topload holders.

I actually put my cards into the smaller 4-pocket per page books. With only 4 cards per page the weight of each page is minimal, there are no rings (as it's binded like a book) and the pages don't bend when flicking through them. Had no issues with damage thus far *touches wood*

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know what the dimensions of the shadowbox and die cut cards will be? For example, will they fit into a standard 2.5” x 3.5” topload holder or are they bigger than that? I can’t tell for the photo that Rittenhouse posted.

Hey Madcollector Wavey I asked the same question back on page 5 HERE of this thread, and it was explained by lots of other very helpful cardtalkers.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I actually put my cards into the smaller 4-pocket per page books. With only 4 cards per page the weight of each page is minimal, there are no rings (as it's binded like a book) and the pages don't bend when flicking through them. Had no issues with damage thus far *touches wood*

I have not seen these before, can you explain a little more about them please? you have my interest Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am curious as well. What thickness or card stock size are these shadowbox cards. I would assume that all Rittenhouse shadowbox cards are same size but specifically want to know for Game of Thrones release. 120 pt.? 180.? bigger?

Posts: 3 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: May 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not seen these before, can you explain a little more about them please? you have my interest Smile

I know eBay links aren't usually allowed, but hopefully no one will complain as this isn't a card auction, I have no connection with the seller, and am only posting to help a fellow collector Smile These are the albums/portfolios I mean. Each page holds 4 standard cards, 10 pages in all (40 or 80 cards in total, depending if you double up or not - I don't):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-...&hash=item5d335c9907

Only drawback is the limited capacity and the fact you cannot add pages. Very sturdy design, ideal IMO for autograph and sketch collections (though probably not base sets due to their limited space). Hope that helps!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryanhav:
quote:

I am curious as well. What thickness or card stock size are these shadowbox cards. I would assume that all Rittenhouse shadowbox cards are same size but specifically want to know for Game of Thrones release. 120 pt.? 180.? bigger?

Hi Bryanhav Wave
Like I told Madcollector, there is a discussion about what they are, how big they are and what to put them in starting on page 5 of this thread. Smile Better off reading what the experts say rather than me explain it Big Grin I think they said they were thick like a prop card and fit into 4 or 8 pocket pages.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,