Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Game of Thrones Rittenhouse

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8667006716

May 29, 2013, 05:07 AM
Kris Gibson
Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
If you can, would love to know the amusing reasons 2 of your cards got diallowed, Sean. I'm a stickler for trivia Smile
May 29, 2013, 11:48 AM
SeanPatrickPence
Haha Kris!
Since character likenesses were not allowed, I was directed to sketch various elements of the show including (but not limited to) dragons, dragon eggs, wolves, etc...
I rendered a total of three wolves; only one made it into packs as the other two were deemed... "too cute".
Amusing to me, as the sketches were referenced directly from GoT screen shots. Wink

May 29, 2013, 08:24 PM
allender
quote:
Originally posted by SeanPatrickPence:
Since character likenesses were not allowed, I was directed to sketch various elements of the show including (but not limited to) dragons, dragon eggs, wolves, etc...

You could have tried a self-portrait and said it was Jaqen, or one of the other Faceless Men of Braavos. But I thought dragons *were* characters (without actor credits, though). Cool
May 30, 2013, 03:46 AM
Kris Gibson
Haha! I'm a dog lover so I find even the fiercest direwolf cute Smile Too few wolves on the cards from what I've seen so a real shame those 2 were rejected. Still, I have a home for abandoned dogs if they need a place to rest their weary heads Wink
May 30, 2013, 10:59 AM
ctacker
David, I'd like to know your titles for the sketch cards in these recent auctions, which I believe is the first time these have been seen:

Link 1 I assume this one is "House Bolton"

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4
May 30, 2013, 12:01 PM
Kris Gibson
^ The card in link 3 is simply jaw-dropping... Wish I could snag one of these beauties but those prices... :O
May 30, 2013, 04:51 PM
DavidDeb
will post them on DA Corey Wink

May 31, 2013, 10:18 PM
Jessica
Did anyone see that White Walker sketch that went for around $900 something? Wow. Is that a record for a sketch or something?

June 01, 2013, 02:18 AM
Kris Gibson
Have seen sketches from other stes go for much more than that. Think the most I've seen for a sketch was $3,000...
June 02, 2013, 05:51 AM
Ali_G
Repeated post from another thread:

To those who pulled a sketch; was it in there replacing another chase card, or did the box you pulled it from still have 8 parallel, 2 quotable, 2 storyboard, 2 autos, a sigil and a relic/gallery card?

I ask as I always keep two unopened packs as part of my set (from a box where I've pulled all chase already), and the thought of a sketch hiding as an 'extra' chase from that box is painful!

Thanks
June 02, 2013, 04:59 PM
ctacker
I just pulled a Bran Stark relic that's a variant, and it's also #001/375.

It's not for sale, but I'm just curious. I know the variant aspect makes it more valuable, but do you think the #1 makes it even more so?
June 02, 2013, 05:11 PM
VinnyH
Doubly cool. With sportscards the 001 would get a slight premium. I have a Sansa Stark with similar lines that I paid 50 bucks for. Your's would have to be more but not sure how much more.
Best Always,
VinnyH
I decided to slowly build a relic set with all variants.

June 02, 2013, 05:57 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
I just pulled a Bran Stark relic that's a variant, and it's also #001/375.

It's not for sale, but I'm just curious. I know the variant aspect makes it more valuable, but do you think the #1 makes it even more so?

Yes, people who have a preference want low numbers and especially true of a #1, unless its a item with very little demand. Than no number will help it. Wink
June 03, 2013, 02:27 AM
chesspieceface
I agree. That's a good card with the design of the swatch, and the #1 makes it more interesting still. I have the number #50 of the same card.

Looking at them, I thought the fabric would be rough, but instead it's very soft. Is that true of all of them?

June 04, 2013, 02:52 PM
ctacker
Between Sean Pence, eBay, and this forum we have seen all 23 of Pence's sketches now.

9 here

10 here

And the remaining four on ebay and this forum:
eBay 1
eBay 2
eBay 3
Posted on this forum
June 07, 2013, 10:55 AM
hammer
Just got my Quotable rewards card from RA - Very nice
June 19, 2013, 06:52 PM
clearblue
Master Set is complete. Got my Q20 reward card today too!

June 19, 2013, 07:11 PM
MvG
Wow! Congrats on these great sketches! That's quite a masterset you got there Thumb Up
June 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
DavidDeb
congrats clearblue, not an easy task!

June 19, 2013, 11:36 PM
Logan
Those are awesome clearblue. You may end up being the only person on the planet to have this master set 100% complete. Congrats!