Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Nice to see a Tara sketch, I don't recall any in the previous release.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Michael James...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
While we are all doing the sketch preview thing, has anyone noticed the current BINs and sold prices on the SMG auto/relic and the Hannigan autograph cards?

And this is still in the first wave of activity, which is usually the high point. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice how low the latest sketches are selling for on eBay? I'm pleasantly surprised. The last THREE cards (all AR's) sold for under $250 and a Willow Charles Hall return just sold for $165. I'm extremely pissed I was stuck at work and the service on my phone was complete ****, my bid wasn't even going through =(

Oh well, congrats to whoever got that card. If they ever get bored of having it, I would definitely pay to take it off their hands haha.

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The market on these (autographs and to a lesser degree sketches) seems to be ice cold at the moment. Perhaps it has something to do with the way they were released? Roll Eyes

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
There is just a limited number of people willing to pay big money for these. They are nice cards but hundreds of dollars is silly. Modern cards are much too expensive and that is killing the hobby most of us don't have the type of budgets to buy these or are putting our money elsewhere. It is nice to see collectors picking them up at reasonable prices.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
This card is back on the bay for $1275.00 or best offer... Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
And this Charles Hall Artist Return sketch of Buffy herself just sold at auction for $271.85. An absolute steal in my opinion...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just as I predicted. And for a mere $1,000 more. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

A nice "little" mark up.

Not a bad investment if they can get it...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

A nice "little" mark up.

Not a bad investment if they can get it...

Believe it or not I was the second highest bidder on the Hall Buffy return. If I had lost out to another collector, I guess I wouldn't be this sad. But unfortunately to know that I lost the auction just so it can be resold by someone other than the artist is really disheartening. I wonder how Charles Hall feels when he sees it himself.

I actually saw a post that one of the sketch artists posted on their personal facebook about how angry and sad they are that someone is selling one of their sketches for over $1500.

Also, about the drop in interest... Honestly the amount of people willing pay a huge amount for these cards is just getting smaller and smaller. Also, the people willing to pay that much have already SPENT that much... so chances are they won't pay that much again.

Even seeing a Buffy sketch end for $260 and a Willow sketch end for $165 makes me feel like the sketch card prices will just continue to drop. Let's not forget that today marks only ONE MONTH from the initial release of the second series. If this is how low the prices of main characters have dropped in one month, imagine what they'll look like in a year.

In all honesty, I'm glad the prices are getting more affordable. Not only can I finally purchase a few hopefully, but other Buffy collectors can have some too. Not just the top tier of collectors who can afford to blow $500 or more on just one sketch card.

Maybe this will help RA with future releases? They have to realize they can't just keep dropping $400 single-card sets. That's almost a case-worth of cards in other companies standpoints... just thinking out loud here

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Something New has been added.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Something New has been added.....

Now that is one awesome sketch!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Yep, It's a Killer Sketch.

I am Considering it........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted last night about being sad over losing the Buffy AR Charles Hall auction but it looks like things have turned for the better today. Finally bought something and I can't wait to post a pic of it in this thread once it arrives in the mail. It might be the best card of my collection thus far. It cost me a lot but I'm super excited nonetheless. Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
I posted last night about being sad over losing the Buffy AR Charles Hall auction but it looks like things have turned for the better today. Finally bought something and I can't wait to post a pic of it in this thread once it arrives in the mail. It might be the best card of my collection thus far. It cost me a lot but I'm super excited nonetheless. Elephant
congrats... what did you get???

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Falling Market Strikes Again

posted Hide Post
quote:
The Falling Market Strikes Again

Not really falling market- I think I was overly optimistic about this one.
I based the initial price on the fact that this artist is not on the list of contributors for either set so far and that only one other of hers was ever on Ebay (you being the seller, I believe).
Apparently, she is not in the caliber of artists such as Desbois, Shay, Meeks, Glebe, Hall, et. al. and does not command the value "we" placed on it. This is evident by the past sales history of her work.
Also, her *itch fest on her Facebook page really steamed me to the point where I just want to get rid of her work. Really, who cares what someone asks for something you (artist) did. You (artist) worked the deal with Rittenhouse, not me. If you (artist) don't think you were offered a fair price for your (artist) work, then DON'T ACCEPT THE DEAL. Simple. To then *itch about what the person who winds up with it does with it is childish and petty. By the way, I too have bills to pay (artist)and am trying to make a living just as you (artist).
That is the end of my rant.
By the way (artist), I have had several of your peers (other artists) e-mail me and congratulate me on my sales of their sketch cards. In all cases, they were genuinely happy for me and proud that their work was valued so highly. They are people I will continue to collect and support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cubby5454,

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the Artist in Question when I found out about it. It was My Listing That Outraged her.....Not Yours.

I explained at least my reasoning as to the The Pricing of her Buffy cards.

1. ( Surprise Artist ) She was not an announced Artist on the Set.

2. ( Rarity ) With this Set being a Month Old as of now, ONLY 3 of her sketches have Shown Up....2 on eBay.

while her other Cards maybe Much More Common, Her Buffy Cards ARE Incredibly RARE. I don't think she was aware that These were Incentives & How Much you had to buy to Get One Sketch Card.

She seemed much more Understanding after I explained it....

I have had Cards that I didn't like sell for Crazy Prices & I've had Cards that I Love SIT for a LONG Time, But The Rare Ones Sell very Well for me....

Cubby5454 If I had the Extra Money, I'd Try & Buy your Sketch as I Think It's at a Great Price & think there's money to be made of a Rare Angel Sketch....

Desbois, Shay, Meeks, Glebe & Hall Sketches have shown Up In Far Greater Numbers. ( I Like All the Artists mentioned btw )

The Rarest Buffy Sketch was in Series One was the Master by Seth Ismart.... He Only Had 2 Sketches Approved & One was His AR. It Took Me Months to get him to Sell It to Me.

His Pack Inserted Sketch Card hasn't shown Up yet.

Kryten67

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
while her other Cards maybe Much More Common, Her Buffy Cards ARE Incredibly RARE. I don't think she was aware that These were Incentives & How Much you had to buy to Get One Sketch Card.

She seemed much more Understanding after I explained it....

Not exactly any secret that has to be explained to someone who is making a living off of their art. I'm pretty sure that artists follow their work and the internet marketplace makes it very easy to see what sketch cards are going for in any given product. If someone feels exploited here, there is a simple remedy for it.

Having said that, early indications are that there is a falling market for this product, if by falling you are comparing to Buffy Series 1. No question that the autographs will not support a $400 retail price. Just look at the asking prices for them right now in the period that should be the highest demand. I think they will go even lower as they mature.

So dealers will try to squeeze even more out of the incentive sketch that cost them an additional set over last year. However the high end sketch market is a lot smaller and a lot more nuanced than just trying to price an autograph with a documented supply limit. I am looking at several Buffy sketches with ambitious BINs and I know that they will go for much reduced Best Offers or they will not move at all. And they have to move or it will be a loss on the 5 sets.

Say what you will, the price point of these single sets is not sustainable. It only sells out to dealers because of the incentive sketches and once the sketches don't cover the shortfall it's over.