Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John Haun Artist Return...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow John did a great Job.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Ut-oh hairs are being split! Big Grin
If one wants to be daft and you take it at exact value of "20th anniversary of Buffy" then only the actors appearing in Season One should count. Wink

The point is, that the conception of the TV show(minus the movie before that) started 20 years ago on our screens, and all actors that came into it along that journey, count, including the Angel series as most originated in Buffy. The reunion doesn't define that collection of actors as being the only ones considered for the anniversary, just those that could make it, or wanted to, or were asked.

Cordelia was in seasons 1-3, Dawn was in 5-7...should they both count as main 20th anniversary characters? Yup it's a dopey waste of time trying to pigeon-hole what qualifies and what doesn't. We all had our favourites(and our most disliked...such as Riley) however long or short their actual screen time was. It's all part of the whole. Smile

How about some love for Riff Regan the original Willow...???

Wink

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
good thing I passed on the Sarah Michelle Gellar Signed Book.......

SMG?????

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
good thing I passed on the Sarah Michelle Gellar Signed Book.......SMG?????

Wow. I ordered the signed edition direct from Barnes and Noble and it shipped a couple days ago. I really hope that's not what I'll be getting. I can understand a shortened autograph if there's a long line of people in front of her. Hopefully the ones offered online are ones she signed when she could take her time and do a full sig. We shall see.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well she put a little heart on one. Isn't that sweet! Big Grin

Seriously, are people buying her book and standing in line for that? They should ask for their money back. In no way, shape or form is that her autograph. Twak

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
"SarahMG" would be slightly better. Big Grin But, "SMG" wow, that's lazy. Roll Eyes

This conversation comes up a lot, but is it really so hard for someone to write their own name? I'm sure we'd even accept it in crayon if it looked like they actually cared. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's better than nothing. And I guess anyone who got to meet her in person for that autograph still got to meet her in person. So that's a plus

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
At least she could have signed Sarah... I wonder how the pre-ordered autographed copies will look like???

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Seriously, are people buying her book and standing in line for that? They should ask for their money back. In no way, shape or form is that her autograph. Twak

I wonder what would happen if you got her initials "auto" authenticate without any proof like a picture or something... I wonder if it would be considered real???

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I was a massive fan of Buffy for many years, and I usually find myself defending signatures on this forum, appreciating the intended individuality of them rather than aesthetic, but nowadays when I see 'SMG' in block capitals I just as easily think of The Walking Dead actress Sonequa Martin Green (who also signs with her initials, but a tiny bit more stylised) as Sarah Michelle Gellar...

I do hope that her book is a success however! She seems passionate about cooking and a book event is always good promotion - if it was local to me I'd be there to meet her for sure regardless if she was even signing at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:

Wow. I ordered the signed edition direct from Barnes and Noble and it shipped a couple days ago. I really hope that's not what I'll be getting. I can understand a shortened autograph if there's a long line of people in front of her. Hopefully the ones offered online are ones she signed when she could take her time and do a full sig. We shall see.

Most of the ones I've seen for sale are just the "SMG" (with or without a heart) but I also spotted this one so there's hope you may get a little more than just the initials....

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

I wonder what would happen if you got her initials "auto" authenticate without any proof like a picture or something... I wonder if it would be considered real???

Yes, it is real. It is a version of one way that she has signed, so it's still genuine.

Would you have trouble getting it authenticated without proof of the book signing? You might, only because its pretty easy for anyone to print SMG, which makes fakes that much easier to be produced.

But besides that, she has already demonstrated on the Buffy cards that she is not illiterate and this is not how she really signs her name. This is short hand.

So if you are going to pay for her autograph, which version would you rather have? There's no contest, everyone would choose the full signature over the initials. The people who have bought her book and get this initial version are being shortchanged. Sure they get to see her for 5 seconds, but it is the inferior autograph that they are leaving with. They deserve better. Frown

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonder if she will sign like this for the Star Wars Celebration event ? Kind of doubt it when the cost is $150 but it would be interesting to see peoples reaction if she did.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Money Vs. Publicity..... or LONG LINES...

Ya Pays Your Money, Ya Takes Your Chances

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Charles Hall Artist Return...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, long lines are no excuse when the celebrity is being paid out right for the appearance or has another vested interest in it, such as racking up book sales. I have seen celebrities that continue to sign well after the time allotted because people were still waiting. I have also seen them leave on the dot and not care who was waiting. It just comes down to a matter of character sometimes.

No excuses, SMG is fine for a free scribble on the street, which I don't think she does. If I am buying her book, probably only because I have to in order to get an autograph, then I am owed a reasonable example of her full autograph.

It's a good thing that I am not, as you put it, taking my chances. I would have to hand that SMG back to her and would probably get thrown out. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, long lines are no excuse when the celebrity is being paid out right for the appearance or has another vested interest in it, such as racking up book sales. I have seen celebrities that continue to sign well after the time allotted because people were still waiting. I have also seen them leave on the dot and not care who was waiting. It just comes down to a matter of character sometimes.

No excuses, SMG is fine for a free scribble on the street, which I don't think she does. If I am buying her book, probably only because I have to in order to get an autograph, then I am owed a reasonable example of her full autograph.

It's a good thing that I am not, as you put it, taking my chances. I would have to hand that SMG back to her and would probably get thrown out. Big Grin

I received a pre-ordered signed copy of the book and mine has "XOXO Sarah Michelle" signed in big writing...

So I am happy with my autographed copy.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:

I received a pre-ordered signed copy of the book and mine has "XOXO Sarah Michelle" signed in big writing...

Awesome! That's great to hear! I'll post a pic of mine when it arrives. Should be soonish, UPS and USPS are juggling it amongst themselves haha. No matter what I get I can't complain too much getting Buffy's auto for $18 bucks, but I really hope I end up with an auto like yours.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
quote:

Awesome! That's great to hear! I'll post a pic of mine when it arrives. Should be soonish, UPS and USPS are juggling it amongst themselves haha. No matter what I get I can't complain too much getting Buffy's auto for $18 bucks, but I really hope I end up with an auto like yours.

Thanks! That is what I figured... $18 for a Sarah Michelle Gellar auto is not a bad deal at all...

How can I post a pic of it if I have it in my photos? I don't have a URL for it... I always forget how to do that, haven't posted a pic in awhile...