Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
If Rittenhouse really wanted to drive sales for these sets, they would make a Sarah Michelle Gellar autograph in the style of the Inkworks sets. People who collected those sets would go nuts.

I think the point of going nuts has passed.

I'm not sure if any card maker has tried to do cards in the style of another company's cards to keep continuity. There have been retro sets and even full on reprints from the same maker. I guess it wouldn't violate copyright if the original maker is out of business, but it just seems like something not done.

In any event, the big draw was not just that there was no licensed SMG Buffy autograph card, but that it was darn hard to find any genuine SMG autographs at all. She didn't sign often for anybody, even years after Buffy, and the vast majority of her signatures on the market were either pre-printed or out and out fakes. The first certified autograph card of SMG was going to be big for her fans.

But now we have 3 Buffy certified cards, with a 3rd Series promised. She has to have at least another one in that too. More over, her personal habits have changed, no doubt from having a lot more time on her hands. She has written a cookbook, or I should say co-written a cookbook, and if you check it out, she appears to be signing for the book that will soon be released.

There is also no telling what other card products she will agree to appear in. For example, she did voice work in Star Wars Rebels and surely that animated series is not going to missed when everything Star Wars gets made.

So the floodgates have opened for her and I'm not saying that her appeal for Buffy fans is gone, just that there will be enough supply and more to meet the demand of anyone who wants her autographs. That is what made her value high, the demand exceeded the supply. With a growing supply and a diminishing demand values drop, Autographs 101. Wink

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Back to the Sketch Topic...

almost every artist on Buffy offers Personal Sketch cards ..Much Cheaper than the Prices for this release....& You Get EXACTLY what you want... & Save More than 15% by switching to Artists....

As long as you giving advice you should note that, while many of the Buffy artists might possibly still be open to accepting sketch commissions, it is not the same as a licensed Buffy incentive card. It's not the same as picking up an approved AP or AR either. A commission may look terrific, better than what's in any product maybe, but it is cheaper and should be a lot cheaper than ultra limited sketches in a high end release for a reason. Just look at all the nice ACEOs out there that are asking less than $25 and will never be valued more than that.

A beautiful sketch of Buffy sold at auction for $16, and it was from Javier Gonzalez who is an artist for this set.

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure if any card maker has tried to do cards in the style of another company's cards to keep continuity. There have been retro sets and even full on reprints from the same maker. I guess it wouldn't violate copyright if the original maker is out of business, but it just seems like something not done.

Rittenhouse did it for Star Trek autos.
They continued the same style that Skybox used for their TOS seasons 1, 2 and 3 sets I believe.
It was probably Steve's design anyway.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For licensed properties, all rights are held with the property owner (Fox in the case of Buffy) so RA would only have to get the OK from Fox to use anything from Inkworks.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A few Personal Sketches that went Under $100
I still Think It's a good Option......

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A Few That Never showed Up on eBay.. Incentive Pack Pulled Sketches

The 3rd Known Carolyn Edwards Sketch....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those are all beautiful. I would love an Acathla sketch. And I can't even tell who the last artist is

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Here are the Incentive Pulled ones I've Found Online.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ph...m_id=797456663754375

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
quote:

Those are all beautiful. I would love an Acathla sketch. And I can't even tell who the last artist is

Kyle Babbitt

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
47 Images in MY FB album

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ph...m_id=797456663754375

Latest Unseen Sketches Added

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is also no telling what other card products she will agree to appear in. For example, she did voice work in Star Wars Rebels and surely that animated series is not going to missed when everything Star Wars gets made.

So the floodgates have opened for her and I'm not saying that her appeal for Buffy fans is gone, just that there will be enough supply and more to meet the demand of anyone who wants her autographs. That is what made her value high, the demand exceeded the supply. With a growing supply and a diminishing demand values drop, Autographs 101. Wink

Just to add something I saw now, both SMG and Freddie Prinze Jr. are scheduled to appear as autograph guests at the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Fla. running April 13 - 16, 2017. Check for their date and time if interested, you need tickets.

I think maybe someone said she appeared at one Con a long while back and I don't know if that's correct or not. Anyway this should be a near first, with more likely to come.

I wonder if she would sign a Buffy item at a Star Wars Con? I would think she would have to, as long as you pay for the ticket.

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just to add something I saw now, both SMG and Freddie Prinze Jr. are scheduled to appear as autograph guests at the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Fla. running April 13 - 16, 2017. Check for their date and time if interested, you need tickets.

I think maybe someone said she appeared at one Con a long while back and I don't know if that's correct or not. Anyway this should be a near first, with more likely to come.

I wonder if she would sign a Buffy item at a Star Wars Con? I would think she would have to, as long as you pay for the ticket.

She was at Comic Con in 2004. I know, because I met her. As we were waiting to be allowed into the room where the signing was happening, the publicist from the studio came over to tell people that she was not signing personal items at the show (this was new back then - everyone signed personal items) and when people started complaining she said 'you are lucky she is signing at all, she hates signing autographs. This is part of her contract with the studio.'

I guess no longer being in demand will make you a little more fan friendly. I know right after Buffy ended I read a few interviews where she said she regretted not doing the interviews and commentaries on the DVDs but she was just too exhausted (she was the star of the show after all, and in a lot more scenes than the rest of the cast).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Her Auto is $150 @ SW Celebration.

Actually Reasonable if you get Your Photo Signed.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
She hasn't had any major successes since Buffy

"Ringer" and "The Crazy Ones" only lasted 1 year each, on TV

Maybe the 2 Grudge films ? Smile

Posts: 3974 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just my personal estimation, $150 would be reasonable for any of RAs Buffy autograph cards. I base that solely on my idea of the combination of her signature value, plus a licensed card with a print run around 200, plus it being the iconic role of her career.

I loved the Buffy seasons 1 - 5, fell away the last 2 years, but still remember it fondly. The Buffy character and story is what fans took to, not necessarily the actress herself. No matter how you look at it her work both in films and TV after Buffy has been one failed project after another. Grudge was probably the most successful and that's not saying much.

Other than absolute diehard Buffy fans, you are not going to find anybody who thinks a signed SMG photo is worth $150.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you know what she will sign? Do they have certain things she will only sign for purchase at the event or can you bring something in?

Just curious...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

Do you know what she will sign? Do they have certain things she will only sign for purchase at the event or can you bring something in?

Just curious...

I found out the answer... she will sign personal items but they won't be authenticated by Topps/Star Wars

"A personal item is permitted for each autograph ticket. Please note, if the personal item is not a Star Wars branded item, it will not be Star Wars Authenticated and affixed with an authentication hologram by Authenticators, Inc. at no additional charge."

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just my personal estimation, $150 would be reasonable for any of RAs Buffy autograph cards. I base that solely on my idea of the combination of her signature value, plus a licensed card with a print run around 200, plus it being the iconic role of her career.

I loved the Buffy seasons 1 - 5, fell away the last 2 years, but still remember it fondly. The Buffy character and story is what fans took to, not necessarily the actress herself. No matter how you look at it her work both in films and TV after Buffy has been one failed project after another. Grudge was probably the most successful and that's not saying much.

Other than absolute diehard Buffy fans, you are not going to find anybody who thinks a signed SMG photo is worth $150.

if I were to Go to the Event (I'm Not)

for Buffy, This would be the Pic I'd Want

For a SMG photo....probably this would be my choice.....

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think of the three SMG autographs the full-bleed one from the first set will not go down much further and actually start trending upwards as time goes by. It will end up being the most sought after of the three and by a good margin. It's just a great looking card and visual appeal does matter. Just my opinion, now let's wait and see how off I'll be. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Here are Both of Carolyn Edwards ARs

She Has Sold the BUFFY AR

here are some of her Approved Sketches

I Like the Last Willow Sketch on the Second Row the Best.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,