Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
So which autograph version do you prefer? Originally when I first saw pics of both designs I preferred the bordered but after having them in hand I have done a complete 180. I now strongly prefer the full bleed.


I love the look of the Bordered version, but there is something about it bugging me.

Has anyone else noticed that they have the Slayer quote wrong?
It should say "Into Every Generation a Slayer is Born", not once can I remember it saying "A Slayer is Born Into Every Generation"

The line that I circled in red to me looks like the end of the letter N from the word Generation. If they wanted to keep the quote like that it wouldn't have been hard to photoshop that line out.
You would have thought to me that they would have had someone who is familiar with the universe to double check these things.

So I still like the Bordered better at the moment, but like you Logan, that might change when I get mine in hand. It might really depend how much that quote annoys me Roll Eyes Twak Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Tim Shay has posted a few on his Facebook page.
Amazing work!

https://www.facebook.com/pages...-Art/129818253735791


Wow, thank you for the link Chris!
I love the one of James Masters/Spike not with his vampire face on, very lucky person whoever got that one.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That bugged me too Juelle Lou. I wondered how they could get that line backwards. But then I also noticed the cut-off "n" at the very beginning and thought they were made to have the quote "running" and some cards would start and end at a different place. But alas, it looks like they all start and end at the exact same spot. Definitely strange (and annoying) and should've been fixed.
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
That bugged me too Juelle Lou. I wondered how they could get that line backwards. But then I also noticed the cut-off "n" at the very beginning and thought they were made to have the quote "running" and some cards would start and end at a different place. But alas, it looks like they all start and end at the exact same spot. Definitely strange (and annoying) and should've been fixed.

Seems strange for sure, it would not have been hard to check online to see how that quote is worded.

Anyway, not many more sketches have come up.
A few have been posted on Blowout, but I thought there would have been more listed on feebay.
Either people are just keeping them or I'm missing out on where everyone is posting them.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'll post my 2 sketches here, one was already in the identi-card thread.




Not bad sketches at all.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4944 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed for sharing!

I may not be able to afford one, but I still want to see as many of them as I can. I'm sure I can't be the only one.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Tim Shay has posted a few on his Facebook page.
Amazing work!

https://www.facebook.com/pages...-Art/129818253735791



Thank you very much!!
 
Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome.
I believe that card companies should try and advertise their artists hired.

The more the word is out there for a specific set, the better the audience.
Simple marketing to be honest.

I would like to see more artists come forward and let us know what type of work/characters/medium etc etc they did for a specific set. That is if the manufacturers allow it.
 
Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Just curious... What do you think the value is of a Sketch card that Features Buffy?

I know most will say that the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it...

But, I would like to see what people think since there are not many Sketch cards of Buffy and she is the main character.

Thanks...

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Just found this great Sketch card by David Desbois...

Great Work David!


____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow MarcG that sketch is gorgeous!

Where did you find it?
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Wow MarcG that sketch is gorgeous!

Where did you find it?


It is a Great looking Sketch!

I found it on a facebook page... they are posting the sketch cards they find.

Here is the page:
www.facebook.com/phoenixcollectables

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Wow MarcG that sketch is gorgeous!

Where did you find it?


It is a Great looking Sketch!

I found it on a facebook page... they are posting the sketch cards they find.

Here is the page:
www.facebook.com/phoenixcollectables

Thank you for the link MarcG.
They have some posted that I haven't seen before.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I went searching properly, and found it on David's facebook page.
It is one of his AP's, lucky person whoever got to reserve that beauty.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Awww....be still my Bangel heart. One of the mosy beautiful sketch cards I've ever seen.
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Despite the debate as to how they were released, is this the first Non-Sport trading card set EVER where every sketch is a knock out???
 
Posts: 3124 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Despite the debate as to how they were released, is this the first Non-Sport trading card set EVER where every sketch is a knock out???

Yeah I agree, but I might be a bit biased because of the subject matter Big Grin Twak

This is the first time I am actively following all of the sketches for a set, but I do remember the few sketches I saw for S2 of Game of Thrones were pretty amazing too.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I went searching properly, and found it on David's facebook page.
It is one of his AP's, lucky person whoever got to reserve that beauty.


It is one of the Nicer Sketch cards I have seen...

I did not even think to check his FB page...

So this sketch did not make the cut?

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Wow MarcG that sketch is gorgeous!

Where did you find it?


It is a Great looking Sketch!

I found it on a facebook page... they are posting the sketch cards they find.

Here is the page:
www.facebook.com/phoenixcollectables

Thank you for the link MarcG.
They have some posted that I haven't seen before.


You are welcome...

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
It is one of the Nicer Sketch cards I have seen...

I did not even think to check his FB page...

So this sketch did not make the cut?


No, it's one of his Artist Proofs

quoted from his FB page,
'In the arms of an angel'
Uncut AP from Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Ultimate Collector Set released 25/03/2015
http://www.rittenhousearchives...ucts/buffy/ultimate/
likeness approved by both Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz (exclusive)

https://www.facebook.com/david.desbois.art
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
Just curious... What do you think the value is of a Sketch card that Features Buffy?

I know most will say that the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it...

But, I would like to see what people think since there are not many Sketch cards of Buffy and she is the main character.

Thanks...


I am sure any sketch that has Buffy herself as the subject has to get a premium. What that means exactly depends on quality and artist recognition. Since we don't seem to have any actual sales prices yet, just inflated BINs to go by, I won't try to guess the ranges.

How do you know that there are not many Buffy sketches out there? The sample that we have seen is very small and the pool is estimated at around 100, but there are also an unknown number of artist proofs apparently. If other characters were not approved, isn't it possible that Buffy was one of the more repeated subjects?
 
Posts: 9495 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 73 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.

© Non-Sport Update 2013