Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander season 3 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlander season 3 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
No real details yet, but the product page is up showing the box and binder art. Usual configuration, and an exclusive costume card in the binder.

https://cryptozoic.com/outland...ading-cards-season-3

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It finally happened...

Would have preferred a card design in keeping with the previous two sets personally, I think they look nice alongside each other in sheets, but it's a nice design nonetheless. Also notice that it doesn't explicitly say "season 3" on the cards, so they've got potential for use of characters from previous seasons.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome that Cryptozoic finally got Caitriona to sign. I want one but I'm nervous to see how much it's going to cost.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Judging by some of the stupid prices some of the others reached, I agree. Also concerned about how many she signed.

Despite the prices, I've done pretty well with the other two sets. Only missing three signers across both sets (one of which obviously being Sam Heughan).

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
ravenheart, Do any of the three signers include dual autographs? I have a few single autos from season 2 available for trade. I hope the season 3 release doesn't have the same problems as the season 2 one (Some boxes didn't have autos in them).

Pete

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far, there have been 8 promo cards released on this

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
ravenheart, Do any of the three signers include dual autographs? I have a few single autos from season 2 available for trade. I hope the season 3 release doesn't have the same problems as the season 2 one (Some boxes didn't have autos in them).

Pete

Hi Pete,

No, no duals, I wasn't really interested in getting those. I've got every signer once except Sam Heughan, Finn den Hertog, and Romann Berrux.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Great job on getting Caitriona, but I too suspect it will be a ridiculous price. Roll Eyes When CZE have managed to get one of the missing 'big' stars in a series to sign it has usually been so limited that only multiple case breakers will find them. Oh well, such is the world...
I only got a few autographs across the two sets so far. I just couldn't justify the cost to be more invested in it. I did manage to get Sam from S1 but I was really lucky on the final price. It's definitely a card series where most people can't stretch to more than one card signed per character....unless they have a huge budget. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My guess - I think the Caitriona card will be at least $300 even if they're inserted 1 per case, which is extremely unlikely. The scarcer it is from there, then up the price will go from that $300 baseline.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be great if she'd been intending to sign for all three sets, but hadn't be able to for whatever reason, and this set has all three in it...

Sorry, back to reality. Yes, $300 sounds about right, especially given Sam Heughan was common as anything, and still ran around $120 regularly.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Binder-exclusive costume card is up now.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see that Outlander have been consistent with the S3 images from the season promotional stuff, and CZE have gone with it. The binder image is on the S3 box set(DVD/BR)too.
It looks like they have also roughly the same design costume card as S1 & S2. Despite some going for quite ridiculous prices, any that have come my way have been really nice. Thumb Up

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I'm glad to see that Outlander have been consistent with the S3 images from the season promotional stuff, and CZE have gone with it. The binder image is on the S3 box set(DVD/BR)too.
It looks like they have also roughly the same design costume card as S1 & S2. Despite some going for quite ridiculous prices, any that have come my way have been really nice. Thumb Up

The prices are high - on even the promo's but at least with this being popular the series should continue. As for the rare auto's, I'd rather have a shot at getting one than no chance at all

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

And a pretty sad excuse for a subset, called "The Skye Boat Song":

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I like the song and quite an original set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post