Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rofj 3d box?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hit breakdown/content coming soon? Any autograph signers this time around?

Posts: 5 | Location: midwest | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
- One Sketch Card with every set.

- I think about 1 in 4 will also have a relic sketch card.

- Relic Patches featuring art from the 1983 wax wraps. These are super cool!

- Autographs:

Mark Hamill
Jeremy Bulloch
Carrie Fisher
Peter Mayhew
Tim Rose
Alan Harris
Kenneth Colley
Femi Taylor
Barrie Holland
Mike Quinn

These are stickered.

I am trying to confirm all the details. I had nothing to do with insertion rates for awhile and I am just starting to get caught up again.

I believe that you get one regular sketch and one of the other 3 per set, for a total 2 hits.

-DW

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um? If I buy a factory set, I wouldn't want to break it up because I consider it complete.

Kinda interesting trying to get people to chase cards by buying multiple factory sets? This can make the set sell out when people realize they need multiple factory sets to make a master set of whatever satisfies their hunt.

I guess I'll see how it plays out on eBay.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
No Harrison Ford it seems, which for the average collector is probably a good thing, since it'll keep the super-flippers from buying up ALL of the sets.
Even so, the other stuff will still be well sought after, so for those who just want the 3-D base set, this is great news, because a whole lot of them will be listed cheap once the hits have been removed from the box.

Thanks again for the info, David. It's appreciated.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the detailed info David it is appreciated! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:

- Relic Patches featuring art from the 1983 wax wraps. These are super cool!

-

Topps (and Upper Deck) have made some marvelous manufactured patch cards these past few years, and these sound terrific. I believe there were four different pack wrapper designs for Jedi Series 1 and four more for Jedi Series 2, so that's eight designs in all, which would make for a really nice set if all eight designs are used.

If these Jedi wax pack Patch cards are popular, as I suspect they will be, please, for a future product, consider making the same for the original five "A New Hope" wrappers from 1977 as those would be especially fantastic! The 1980 "Empire Strikes Back" wrappers all featured the same Darth Vader drawing, but in different colors from series to series. But since there weren't as many of those, maybe some O-Pee-Chee variations wrapper like the kind that were sold in Canada back then could be made to fill out that set.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
It is up at the Topps site. I ordered a box!

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too! Glad to see overseas buyers can get these. Big Grin

Posts: 56 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Me too! Didn't think overseas buyers were allowed.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I ordered 2 sets.

Fed Ex shipping rates for US:
9.33 ground
33.00 2 days
100+ for overnight shipping

I chose ground.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Limited to 2,000 sets.

According to the web site:

Return of the Jedi 3D Widevision includes 2 hits per box! The first hit is a Widevision sketch card showcasing the work of some of the most popular Topps artists. The second hit included in the box is either a ROTJ Patch Card or a first ever Sketch Card Relic. EVERY 4TH BOX OF RETURN OF THE JEDI 3D WIDEVISION CONTAINS A 3RD AUTOGRAPHED HIT!

SPECIFICATIONS

3D WideVision Base Cards (44)
44 lenticular base cards telling the story of the collapse of the Empire
''Hits'' (2+ per box)
Widevision Sketch Cards (1 per box)
ROTJ Widevision Medallions
Jabba Barge Sail Relic Sketch Cards
Widevision relic cards with character sketches
Ewok Fur Relic Sketch Cards
Widevision relic cards with character sketches
Includes Misc. Ewok, Logray, Teebo and Wicket pieces
Autographs (added as a 3rd hit every 4th box)
Ten different autograph signers including Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, and Jeremy Bulloch

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've placed an order, too.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Ordered 4 boxes woo hoo! Looks like a nice product!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Ordered my one box!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I say I didn't want to continue Star Wars based on the last ones (Galactic Files S2, Jedi Legacy, Chrome and Illustrated) but I decided to give it a try with 2 boxes, can't wait!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Someone posted on another site that to get 10% off, use the code: toppscards

I did not try it so do not know if it works.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 2 boxes. It was a toss up between paying rent or buying cards. The cards won out. Smile Good thing I get paid again before rent is due. Really looking forward to seeing what I get. The sketches shown so far look great. Just wish they would have added a few lower end insert sets to help me justify the cost more. Of course when I pull a Mark Hamill autograph I'll be fine. Wink

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone posted on another site that to get 10% off, use the code: toppscards

It doesn't work when you are from Canada Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batjay:
insert sets to help me justify the cost more. Of course when I pull a Mark Hamill autograph I'll be fine. Wink

These 3D sets have been pretty much always been lower end insert free. There was only one multimotion card in the original set, two of them in the Phantom Menace set, and only the sketches and extremely rare autographs in the Empire set. This one, with the manufactured pack patches, the sketch/relic combo, regular relics, and the autographs at a reasonable rate actually make it the most insert diverse set yet. I do wish this base set (and the one for Empire before it had at least the 63 cards of the original New Hope set, but they must be expensive to produce).

Good luck on the Hamill autograph! If these are as beautifully designed as the ESB 3D autos were, they will be very nice indeed.

posted Hide Post
Got 8 boxes! Only 830 left!

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post