Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes, I can't imagine Topps releasing a new Mars Attacks set without sketches, they would be perfect for this set. An all new original storyline for the set would be great too. I remember seeing Mark Dos Santos working on his sketch at NYCC, I would like to see Topps get a lot of artists on board for this set, should be one of the most anticipated sets of 2012! Thumb Up
Hopefully the sketches would be near to Rittenhouse/Breygent quality. Thumb Up

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Seems like there is a lot of bits of trading card related news today! Here's another....

ShopTopps.com has started taking pre-orders for two Mars Attacks related items...a bobble head and a vinyl figure, both made by Funko. They're pretty inexpensive and way cool for Mars Attacks fans! You can pre-order them at the link below.

Mars Attacks Bobble Head and Vinyl Figure

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

We've got details on the new Mars Attacks series, Mars Attacks Heritage, today on the blog:

Topps Announces Mars Attacks Details

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd refrained from reprinting the original yet again. The rest of it sounds cool though.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! They only reprinted the set once so releasing it again may open the set to a new generation of collectors. The new art should be cool to see, and sketch cards are perfect for this set, should be one of the most sought after sets of 2012! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Hey Bats
I didn't mean that Topps had reissued it more than once, I meant that the set had been reissued more than once already. The first time by Renatto Galasso in '84 or so. This will make the third reissue in total.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

We have info on the blog today about GelaSkins Mars Attacks skins and cases for your iPhones, iPads, and other mobile devices. Ack Ack!

Mars Attacks Your...iPad and iPhone

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! Maybe when I actually get a modern phone someday I will get one of these. Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Cool! Maybe when I actually get a modern phone someday I will get one of these. Big Grin

You need to join the modern age, Batman. Then you can become a phone zombie like the rest of us. Red Face

Or you could always buy the skin/case now and buy the phone to go with it later. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
wow. more sketches. more reprints. more cell phone skins, JUST WHAT WE ALWAYS NEEDED Roll Eyes

Posts: 94 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Well I'm proud to be on this set. Just had my first 1/3 of my sketch cards approved. Here is a sample of them. Ack Ack!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great work!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Seems like there is a lot of bits of trading card related news today! Here's another....

ShopTopps.com has started taking pre-orders for two Mars Attacks related items...a bobble head and a vinyl figure, both made by Funko. They're pretty inexpensive and way cool for Mars Attacks fans! You can pre-order them at the link below.

Mars Attacks Bobble Head and Vinyl Figure

Too bad the cost of shipping on the Topps site is MORE than the cost of the Pop! Vinyl figure. Ridiculous.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I'm proud to be on this set. Just had my first 1/3 of my sketch cards approved. Here is a sample of them. Ack Ack!

Nice work, Rich. Thumb Up

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Thank You Bob and Jon

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Mars Attacks: The Broadway Musical?

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else? Or will we see cardboard crossover onto Broadway?

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Mars Attacks: The Broadway Musical?

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else? Or will we see cardboard crossover onto Broadway?

Given the date, I'm betting it's an April Fools prank. But I really don't know. I guess we'll know Monday if Topps/IDW do not recant.

Edit.....

Just noticed this line:

Topps and IDW are still in the casting process and "are currently seeking a seven-foot tall male lead with extensive rock vocal experience."

Definitely a prank! Big Grin Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Given the date, I'm betting it's an April Fools prank. But I really don't know. I guess we'll know Monday if Topps/IDW do not recant.

Edit.....

Just noticed this line:

Topps and IDW are still in the casting process and "are currently seeking a seven-foot tall male lead with extensive rock vocal experience."

Definitely a prank! Big Grin Big Grin

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Get way to potentially get some viral publicity, though.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I have it on good authority that it is NOT an April Fool's gag

Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
A little sample of my sketches for this set.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post