Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
From the Previews website:

Cryptozoic Entertainment brings the supernatural excitement and drama from the CW's hit television series, The Vampire Diaries, to collectors everywhere! Based on the book series by L.J. Smith, The Vampire Diaries is in its second season and received a People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama and 7 Teen Choice Awards in 2010. The trading card set covers episodes from the first season and features both signature cards and memorabilia cards from the actors and actresses from the series. 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'll be in on that one Smile
Thanks for the link!

At least the release date is a little while off, 27 July by what the link says.
That will give me time to save up for it, and the Fringe set and The Big Bang Theory....

There's too many!! Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could they have found a creepier picture to promote it? That's the wrong kind of creepy!... --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Any details on signers or memorabilia cards as yet ?

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
Any details on signers or memorabilia cards as yet ?

As far as I can tell there isn't any firm information on any of Cryptozoic's licenses yet. The Previews listing is actually the closest I've seen.

Still waiting for word on distribution and pricing on all their sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Could they have found a creepier picture to promote it? That's the wrong kind of creepy!... --Chris

Eww! That image didn't come from us. We'll have to have a talk with those Previews folks. =)

Content wise, we'll announce signers once we have autos in hand.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:

Eww! That image didn't come from us. We'll have to have a talk with those Previews folks. =)

It wasn't so bad, just trying to capture the theme of the show. These are swinging vampires after all. Big Grin

And NO I don't follow the Vampire Diaries, but it has an attractive cast for a card set. Smile

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Raven one the "swinging vampire" description.
I watched the first few episodes and it was interesting,but I guess not enough for me to keep watching.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will there be a retail and Hobby release? or just a hobby release?

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

All of the sets, including Vampire Diaries, we are developing right now are for the hobby.

Thanks!

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:

Content wise, we'll announce signers once we have autos in hand.

Best,

Scott

I remember they used this advert for promoting the show, looks very threesomeish Big Grin

Gotta say I never got into this show either, maybe I was just put off with all the vampire hysteria around and wasn't really interested in watching another one. But hats of to Cryptozoic for getting some of these licenses that a lot of trading card collectors will be interested in.

Any interest in Supernatural Scott??

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Maybe. We've discussed it. Smile

Never say never.

Scott

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Never say never.

Scott

This make me a very happy SPN card collectin' girl. Just sayin. Clap

Not to mention I would totally be in for the Vampire Diaries cards too. TVD is one of my fav shows after SPN.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

All of the sets, including Vampire Diaries, we are developing right now are for the hobby.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott,

I was discussing this with a friend...

Inkworks and now NECA did very well with Twilight in Hot Topic stores. It's a great way to get cards into the hands of new collectors as their demographics are very teen female oriented. The "no big inserts but a Hot Topic exclusive card(s)" format would be great for that location.

Not every product would work there but Vampire Diaries and maybe Walking Dead would fit in well. And once you get them hooked on retail cards they'll find out about the hobby bonus cards and chase after those as well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Never say never.

Ooooh Fingers crossed Smile

Scott

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I thought I'd start a new thread for Vampire Diaries since info has been announced and so to not get them mixed in with Fringe, Smallville, etc. We can start new threads for those too, when we know more.

EDIT~ Ryan pointed out to me (this is Harris, btw) that we already had a thread with some preliminary Vampire Diaries info from Diamond Previews. I had not realized that when I posted earlier today. So I tried to combine the two threads and that's why this looks a bit odd (especially with all the "moved reply"'s). And it did not move the original post so I had to slip it here into Chris's post. Chris was the first to reply and his post is below.

Source: Cyrptozoic Website

Here's the signers for The Vampire Diaries:

Nina Dobrev ("Elena Gilbert")
Paul Wesley ("Stefan Salvatore")
Candice Accola ("Caroline Forbes")
Matt Davis ("Alaric Saltzman")
Katerina Graham ("Bonnie Bennett")
Sara Canning ("Jenna Sommers")
Steven R. McQueen ("Jeremy Gilbert")
Zach Roerig ("Matt Donovan")
Kevin Williamson (writer/producer)
Julie Plec (writer/exec producer)

More info
All information confirmed as of 4/28/11. Keep checking back as we add more information for the upcoming Vampire Diaries trading card set!

Release Date: Fall 2011
Packs: 5 cards per pack; 24 packs per box
MSRP: $3.50 per pack
Base Set: 72 cards
Chase Sets: Two 9-card chase sets
Inserts: Autographs and Memorabilia

Each box contains at least one Autograph or Costume Memorabilia card! Autograph and memorabilia cards all feature the CZE hologram to guarantee authenticity.

See the Cryptozoic website for a gallery of autograph images.

Harris

Chris Cline says:

I like the look of the auto's...cant wait to see a promo to see what the rest of the set will look like

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Great looking design on the auto cards!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

This is a great line up, even better than Buffy Season 1 for sure. There are so many great guest roles on the show they could release autographs for years. Everyone should get in on this first set for sure.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Very nice! Love the look of the cards so farBig Grin
Great Auto line up too, hopefully since Ian Somerhalder hasn't signed that might mean Cyrptozoic is thinking long term and releasing more than one set/season?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Very nice! Love the look of the cards so farBig Grin
Great Auto line up too, hopefully since Ian Somerhalder hasn't signed that might mean Cyrptozoic is thinking long term and releasing more than one set/season?

hopefully he will be added, those are what they received so far, propably some more surprises soonSmile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post