Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Orville Archives Autograph Card Edition (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Orville Archives Autograph Card Edition (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

posted
I just saw this over at Blowout Cards. Rittenhouse is releasing a limited edition (300 packs) 15-card The Orville autograph pack drawn from a list of 26 signers. The price? $299.99!

https://www.blowoutcards.com/b...ograph-card-edition/

It comes out on November 18th, the same date The Orville Season Two Trading Cards set was scheduled for. I guess that's not happening?

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Why is this not even on RA's website? Confused

I'm guessing they gave up on a traditional product for this niche series and I don't necessarily disagree with them, but the lack of notice is surprising.

Every other pack out of the 300 has a MacFarlane autograph card. This will sell out I'm sure, but it will be worth it only for the 150 packs that have his card in my opinion.

Posts: 10365 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
cardboard connection says 15 autos card pack. There are a possible 26 auto cards with Seth McFarlane in 1:2 packs.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up for anyone thinking about buying these -- some folks on Blowout have pointed out that the MacFarlane autographs look VERY consistent. . . perhaps a little too consistent. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Clearly auto pen Rittenhouse has a big problem here

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh geez, never thought I'd hear this at RA, and with the single autograph card that makes this whole product attractive. If the scans are truly from 3 different cards, they look to be identical. That would be a big problem indeed!

And the questions have already begun to hit RA's website.

Posts: 10365 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
A different seller on eBay also has an identical signature on their McFarlane card.
Can’t believe RA let autopens of a signer this big get through! Did they not even look at the cards? What a balls up.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would imagine Rittenhouse have acted on this already, expect an official statement soon.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just compared several listings on eBay, and although the placement of the signature isn't always exactly the same, the signature itself definitely is.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Yeah, just compared several listings on eBay, and although the placement of the signature isn't always exactly the same, the signature itself definitely is.

A few were up last night on eBay asking in the $400 - $600 range. A couple are still now and at least one sold for $250. What happens with the card value will depend very much on whether or not RA can provide authentic replacements for anyone holding autopenned signatures.

The back of the card would appear to put the responsibility of authenticity upon the signer, but of course that would never hold up in the court of public opinion. RA has little excuse for not seeing it before packing and they will have to do something to compensate first line buyers, if the situation is really as it looks now.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't believe a manufacturer would not check signatures that come in for autopens. That's the first thing I would do and it would take about 10 seconds.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I can't believe a manufacturer would not check signatures that come in for autopens. That's the first thing I would do and it would take about 10 seconds.

In Rittenehouse's defense this isn't the first time Seth has signed, and his first set of signatures for them seemed perfectly fine. . . I can see how the second batch doesn't get as scrutinized.

I'm sure Rittenhouse is more bothered about this than anyone else. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So just saw this on the description page from a seller with one of the current eBay auctions running . . .

"The manufacturer has informed us to hold off on the Seth MacFarlene autograph card due to authenticity claims. This card will not ship until a solution is identified by the manufacturer."

So RA is at least acting fast. Even though it was a massive shrew up on their part, I'm sure they have too much to lose not to try to correct it.

And let's not forget that MacFarlene or MacFarlene's representatives also allowed an "authorized fake" to be submitted to fulfill a paid autograph contract. So how disrespectfully is that to RA and to all the card collectors and all his fans? Twak

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Apparently Steve Charendoff over at RA has just confirmed the autopenned MacFarlene signatures and said they are working on a solution and appreciate understanding and patience. So good for his honesty, its unfortunate for all concerned.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Seth did this garbage on his last book too. Everyone sold as a signed copy was autopen.

Kind of glad I have never been much of a fan and have not had any desire to chase his signature.

Posts: 4840 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
While some eBay sellers have put the MacFarlene autopenned card on hold, others are urging buyers to get them while they can because they may be recalled. I love this hobby. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Jason Alexander card A25 is 1 per 6 packs, only 50 made.

Posts: 3986 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The Jason Alexander card A25 is 1 per 6 packs, only 50 made.

Where are the odds listed?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

Where are the odds listed?

Someone just posted that there were 50 cards made for Alexander on RA's message board. No idea where that data came from. You know the Orville Archives Autograph Card Edition is not even listed as a product on their website. Go explain that? And it was barely offered, I guess maybe because of the limited number of packs, but the whole product just seemed slapped together with radio silence. Not like RA's usual release routine.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was told it wasn't being offered on the website because it was likely sold out to wholesale, who they can allocate if necessary unlike a retail purchase.

I imagine the details will be posted eventually, probably not until the solution to the current situation is in place.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post