Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I felt like Kick'n it old school again today. I still have a few more to do, and a few more cards for those that have passed away.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
Wow, that bring back some memories, but I had no idea that Gary Coleman was in Buck Rogers.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
Wow, that bring back some memories, but I had no idea that Gary Coleman was in Buck Rogers.

He was in a couple episodes, sadly he has passed.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Getting a few of these signed and sent back to me might be hard but we will try any way...

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
I had my first success today! I received an autograph from Robert Forster from Heroes. It made me very happy.

I mailed my custom card in a topload holder to prevent it from being damaged and he signed the holder rather than card itself. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and if so, do you have any suggestions for getting the actor to sign the actual card?

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
I had my first success today! I received an autograph from Robert Forster from Heroes. It made me very happy.

I mailed my custom card in a topload holder to prevent it from being damaged and he signed the holder rather than card itself. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and if so, do you have any suggestions for getting the actor to sign the actual card?

yeah actually twice! Last year, I mailed a card to Josh Dallas, Tom Hiddleston and Jaimie Alexander, only Jaimie signed on the card, while both guys signed on toploader.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Sadly this has happen to me as well I have gotten a few cards back including Richard Chamberlain signed on the outside. I now send the cards without holders or add some instructions to my letter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Cline,

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Sadly this has happen to me as well I have gotten a few cards back including Richard Chamberlain signed on the outside. I know send the cards without holders or add some instructions to my letter

Oh no, I just sent out 60 cards--all with holders! I was planning to put the cards I got back into 1-screw holders for display.

When you send the cards without holders, do they often get damaged in the mail?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I just sent out 60 cards--all with holders! I was planning to put the cards I got back into 1-screw holders for display.

When you send the cards without holders, do they often get damaged in the mail?[/QUOTE]

You know I really haven't had that big of an issue with it yet. since the cards I have made have rounded edges I think that helps on the wear.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add these here as well. The really am going to make up cards for The Queen, what could go wrong?...lol Smile

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know I really haven't had that big of an issue with it yet. since the cards I have made have rounded edges I think that helps on the wear.

I'm going to send all future cards out without the topload holders. It will also save me $.40 off the total postage. The cards have a pretty thick plastic coating on them anyway. I guess I would rather risk the damage than the potential of signing the holder rather than the card.

In my letter, I ask that they ship the card back inside the holder to prevent damage, but I assumed they would understand they should first take the card out of the holder to sign it.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Although I'm stiil waiting on getting cards back, I feared the actor not being able to get the card out and not signing out of frustration.

It never occured to me they might sign the top loader/card holder Twak

I don't like leaving 'instructions' in case it sounds as if I think they're too 'stupid' to figure it out for themselves.

To make it easier, I put the card between two top loaders/card holders in the hopes, if signed, they'd at least put the card back in between the holders with the elastic band around it.

I only whack a few stamps on and put it in the mail so I don't concern myself with how much 'weight' holders add to the envelope.

If I ever get these cards back I'll be amazed. Figure it's worth sending on the off chance I get another autograph.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I can't believe someone would sign the toploader, have they never heard of autograph cards before?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Great job everyone. They look fantastic.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
I received another signed card back today! This one took only 10 days for a response. It is a great autograph actually signed on the card itself, which makes me do the happy dance.

This custom card stuff is really getting addictive. I sent out 60 cards, and it is kind of fun trying to guess who’s card I got back in the envelopes that arrive.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I got two more of my custom cards back today. Whoopi Goldberg from Lion King and Chandler Riggs from The The Walking Dead.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Everyone's custom cards are so amazing! I'm not at all familiar with various photo editing programs, so I'm rather limited in what I do, but I have enjoyed working on my own set of Fringe cards. I liked the ones that were released, but I also had several things I'd wished were different, and somehow I found myself creating my own set. It's really a lot of fun.

My question for those who have made and printed their own cards is if there is any risk with getting in trouble with the copyright issues. I've read that it's considered okay if you're just making one set for yourself kind of thing, not profiting from it and all, but I'm still hesitant to print them because of the copyright. Should I be concerned?

Posts: 5 | Location: UT | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Better Off Ted...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance you could show off the Whoopi signature? She's another one of my favorites and I'd love to see a signed card by her!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Better Off Ted...

I'm not familiar with the show, but I love the card design!