Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Are you working on any Master sets right now?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9241040911

November 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
angelchick182
Are you working on any Master sets right now?
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
The postman today brought the final cards I needed to complete my master set of The Seeker:The Dark Is Rising. My first ever!! I'm rather pleased.

Congrats on your first master set!

November 14, 2007, 07:47 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
The postman today brought the final cards I needed to complete my master set of The Seeker:The Dark Is Rising. My first ever!! Dance I'm rather pleased.

Thumb Up
November 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
MvG
Working on the Jericho Season One set right now. Still three cards to go... One auto/pw and two auto's.
November 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
Rich65
I'm real close to finishing my Complete Star Trek movies Master set. I still need 2 Very limiteds (Malcolm McDowell and Robert Picardo) and The Shatner. I wasn't going to try until I pulled 3 Very Limiteds from my case (Stephen Collins, Rene Auberjonois and Christopher Lloyd) Dance Thumb Up Metal and I pulled a Harve Bennett from a loose box and I got a Montalban off E-bay. I'm only missing 5 autos total and I have everything else being this close I have to go for it.
November 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
wolfie
Well done, keep going. Thumb Up

November 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
dis68
Well I bought this card at CollectormaniaGMEX today which completes my master set of The Complete Bond Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey

November 18, 2007, 04:45 PM
Peter cloet
congrats

A belgian hiphop group
November 18, 2007, 08:41 PM
angelchick182
Congrats on your master set dis68!

November 19, 2007, 12:38 AM
hollypop
Dis68- Good for you! I bet the set looks awesome Smile

November 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
X
Congrats dis68 - its a cool card - I bet your chuffed! Thumb Up

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?
November 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
dis68
Thanks all - I'm just glad I didn't have to pay the US$999 e$ay price for one

quote:
Originally posted by X:
Congrats dis68 - its a cool card - I bet your chuffed! Thumb Up

Yup Wave Wave Surf
November 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
Star*Mystyk
I can't remember what I posted last time, but I'm waiting on one pieceworks for Buffy Season 6 then that'll be a master set.
I recently completed Buffy Season 4. Seasons 3 and 5 I'm only an auto away, and am two cards away from a master with Supernatural Season 1.
Season 2 of that the most hard to get ones I still need - 3 pieceworks. Like the first season I doubt I'll finish it.

I'm not concentrating on any one set at the moment, just slowly looking around. If something pops up that's great, if not I'm not fussed.

Cool

November 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
rachandcarl
Elephant Elephant Elephant

just completed my buffy big bads master set!!!!!! dru just arrived in the mail! Dance
November 28, 2007, 02:35 AM
Peter cloet
congrats

A belgian hiphop group
November 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
MvG
Congratz Rachandcarl!

You outbid me on that one.... It went quite cheap as I recall but I needed the funds to buy a masterset of the The Dark Is Rising. So I guess we're both happy Smile

I am bidding on some other mastersets too at this moment. Choices, choices, choices...
November 29, 2007, 04:16 PM
angelchick182
quote:
Originally posted by rachandcarl:
just completed my buffy big bads master set!!!!!! dru just arrived in the mail!

Congrats to you! That's a toughie, I know I was relieved when I finished that one.

December 01, 2007, 06:52 AM
rachandcarl
thanks all it was a big relief, and an even bigger one when it arrived in the mail!!
December 01, 2007, 03:23 PM
X
Still slowly slogging away at these premium/insert sets:
James Bond Corgi (50 cards)
James Bond Johnny Lightning Series 1 (50 cards)
James Bond Johnny Lightning Series 2 (30 cards)

Its a VERY slow process!
January 02, 2008, 01:44 AM
hollypop
I'm so happy!! I now have a hold of the UK promo card for Witchblade the tv series! Metal

I won't give up how much it cost me but it's worth it.

My master set is slowly coming together Smile

January 02, 2008, 02:07 AM
Nat
I just completed my Supernatural S2 set a couple of weeks ago, and decided to try and finish my Final Fantasy Art Museum 5, and Final Fantasy AM Premium 3 master sets, but not having much luck finding the cards I need Shake Head teach me for leaving it for 4 years