Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Fake Ebay seller.be aware!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake Ebay seller.be aware!!!
 Login/Join

posted
Selling exactly the same cards that have just been sold for alot more.Only dirt cheap!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR...&hash=item2eb93b531e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR...&hash=item519bc4003c

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Worrying as he copied the picture from the same seller who sold both the Shatner and the Koenig autos for a lot more money so he must know how much they're worth. His ebay account has also been inactive for a year.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
The other auction has the same scan, which card is Walter Koenig? Niether?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I had to laugh at his reply when I asked about these cards: "No I believe this is not a genuine card, it's a replica hence the low price Smile thankyou"

Wow!!! Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention Mark

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that should be stated in the auction, but what does he mean it's a replica? Is he going to print it, cut the card out and send it to you?

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
It's just a plain fraud

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As he states in his description that he will only accept a postal order or cash as payment, he is in breach of eBay T&Cs which insist that buyers are offered Paypal as an option on all purchases. So he could proably be reported for that alone which would get his listings taken down.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is ebay bothered? They only appear interested in getting their fees????????

Has anyone reported this seller?

A very interesting reply you received Jason, this kind of Fraud should be a Police matter never mind ebay.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Is ebay bothered? They only appear interested in getting their fees????????
eBay wont be interested in whether the card is a fake but they will be concerned about the potential loss of Paypal fees, since they own Paypal and are always concerned about fee evasion as that affects their income. They wont do anything at all unless someone reports the seller but I imagine the only complaint about the authenticity of the card(s) that they would pay any attention to would be one from the card manufacturer.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just hope no-one falls for it??.£99-£150 is still alot of money!!i watched the the first auction with great interest,i was surprised to see it appear again so quick??if it wasnt for x-mas i would of bid £300 to have it in my collection.wrong time of the year for me!! Mad

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Here's my dialog with the seller.....

Question I asked:
Hello, shouldn't that be in your description? "not authentic it is a replica" that's a very important piece of information. Without putting it in there, that's grounds for deception, which is also known as a scam!
Answer:
Well if it was a scam surely I would have lied saying it was authentic?! I dont state its authentic or its a replica but surely the price speaks for itself as where can you buy an authentic one for £99?? I see what your saying though and in future I will try and be more specific Smile

Next question:
If you don't mind me asking, if it is a replica, what would I be getting? Is it a card you printed both front and back? And of the same thickness of card stock? Thanks!
Answer:
You would be getting the card which is presented in a star trek next generation envelope. It is printed both sides, but I am unsure if its the same thickness as original as I don't own any authentic one's to compare, The person that I purchased them from does claim they are off a high replica standard and that there almost identical to the originals, but I can only take his word for this as I have never owned an original... hope this helps, Scott Smile

This guy sees nothing wrong with what he's doing, which the worst is not describing exactly what you're bidding on. I have no intention of buying the card but hate to think of someone getting taken.

He has been reported for not offering paypal.

posted Hide Post
originally posted by goldenavenger:
Here's my dialog with the seller.....

Question I asked:
Hello, shouldn't that be in your description? "not authentic it is a replica" that's a very important piece of information. Without putting it in there, that's grounds for deception, which is also known as a scam!
Answer:
Well if it was a scam surely I would have lied saying it was authentic?! I dont state its authentic or its a replica but surely the price speaks for itself as where can you buy an authentic one for £99?? I see what your saying though and in future I will try and be more specific Smile

Next question:
If you don't mind me asking, if it is a replica, what would I be getting? Is it a card you printed both front and back? And of the same thickness of card stock? Thanks!
Answer:
You would be getting the card which is presented in a star trek next generation envelope. It is printed both sides, but I am unsure if its the same thickness as original as I don't own any authentic one's to compare, The person that I purchased them from does claim they are off a high replica standard and that there almost identical to the originals, but I can only take his word for this as I have never owned an original... hope this helps, Scott Smile

This guy sees nothing wrong with what he's doing, which the worst is not describing exactly what you're bidding on.

He has been reported for not offering paypal.[/QUOTE]

Is this seller for real???well done goldenavenger!!thanks for your input on this one.nice to know im not mad.i just hope everyone stays well clear??good work sir!! Thumb Up

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I reported it to ebay as being counterfeit. The seller has shown a photograph of what is a genuine Shatner auto but he doesn't state in the description that he knows it to be a "replica" By using a photo of the genuine article he is misleading buyers who may believe this is what they should be receiving.

"The price speaks for itself!!!" So if I started an auction at just 99p does this mean I'm selling a fake? The start price gives no indication of an items worth or its authenticity!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
I reported it to ebay as being counterfeit. The seller has shown a photograph of what is a genuine Shatner auto but he doesn't state in the description that he knows it to be a "replica" By using a photo of the genuine article he is misleading buyers who may believe this is what they should be receiving.

"The price speaks for itself!!!" So if I started an auction at just 99p does this mean I'm selling a fake? The start price gives no indication of an items worth or its authenticity!!

Shameful way to behave,this guy is a scam artist but as more people log on etc.The more chance is that someone will buy it.i bet you some poor soul falls for it and buys it?? Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's as deceptive as they come.

Can't RA go after him for selling counterfeits?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Wow, that's as deceptive as they come.

Can't RA go after him for selling counterfeits?

This was a Skybox release!!its just a matter of time till someone buys it i think??

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Problem is its a 1 day listing, I reported it this morning and by the time ebay decide to act on it the listing would have finished, and some poor soul will be putting pound notes in an envelope for this guy.

posted Hide Post
45 Mins left and counting!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
I was about to buy these 2 cards while reading cardtalk until I spotted this post.

Got a reply back, he said the 2 "replicas" were the same as a image he found on google images hence he didn't bother in taking a photo.

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
someones bought it.Stay alert.theres nothing stopping this guy from trying these scams again!!!poor guy must think he has a bargain!!! Mad